Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLease share what products you use/endorse to give your bike that non-harley shine. Waxes, chain products, polish, bug gut removers, that sorta stuff.
Note: To prevent injury, please do not mention tire shining products.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Soap & water, and Honda Pro Polish...cleans well, shines nice and adds 2 hp.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
That S2000 foam spray on cleaner wash off with water stuff. Nevr-Dull to clean up the can and Mother metal polish to polish the can. Mequair's carnuba for wax. If it is a spring cleaning, also bust out the steamer and clean the metal surfaces with that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Plexus

Macquires Carnuba

Mothers Metal Polish for the exhaust pipe

Suzuki Cleaner is very good, spray on rinse off

WD-40 for various gunk on swingarm, wheels, and sometimes chain

Ecotech with grunge brush for chain

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Tea Bagger said:
Honda pro polish, WD40 to clean chain and chain wax to keep it shiny.
Same here. Kerosene for the chain if I remember to fill the quart oil bottle, otherwise the high priced spread, WD-40.:thumb:

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
hazen962 said:
sh*t... I didn't know I was supposed to clean my bike
You're not. Your girlfriend IS.:thumb: :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
blem. your supposed to wash your bike. I know my wife wont do it so so i better find some hoe that will.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Aeostich bike wash for a quick clean,automotive car wash for heavy cleaning,kerosene to clean the chain,mothers wax for waxing paint and plexus for the shields,and plastic.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Maddjack said:
Aeostich bike wash for a quick clean,automotive car wash for heavy cleaning,kerosene to clean the chain,mothers wax for waxing paint and plexus for the shields,and plastic.

How you get the Hooter girl snail tracks off the seat? Your tongue?

·
Registered
473 Posts
maybe the hooters girls should be washing the bikes instead of leaving snail trails on the seats

·
Registered
62 Posts
What up fellas, this is my first post and i gotta say +1 for the plexus, works great to touch up a few spots here and there in between washes. I like Eagle One spray and wax too... just spray on while it's still wet and dry it off... works great on my gixxer and the old man's harley!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Cool, if your bored on Monday night we have a bike night at Hooters in Station Square. Free parking for bikes, come in the back entrance by the gas station. Lot attendant will be there.

I will be on a Yellow Daytona surrounded by assholes, come on up and introduce yourself.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sweet i live a few minutes from there so I'll try and stop by. Going to bike night at quaker steak and lube in cranberry tonight... you probably already know about that one - it's every thurs. There's usually at least 1,000 bikes there every week when the weather's nice. I'm on a blue/white GSX-r 750... i'm usually surrounded by assholes as well... all on blue suzukis - hopefully I'll run into ya.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Tea Bagger,

I showed up around 830. My hooter's girl was awesome. Usually when I go I get the busted one. Anyways, I didn't see your bike there. I'd say there were only about 2 dozen bikes total. We left to go ride and then tried to make it back for the 1030 raffle but were literally 2 minutes late and the gate was already closed and everything. It was still a good time. Is that every monday cuz we'll definitely have to do that again sometime and maybe I'll catch u there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts