Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I saw this on ebay 2 days ago, I thought nothing of it ... Now On Robert's(Sportbikeworld's) New web page , I see the dumb ass who is trying to sell his EX500 for 5g's , It's not a '99 its an '89!!!!!!!

But there is an upside to this story!!! This EX500 (499cc's to be exact) pulls a 9.4 in the 1/4 mile!!! A BUSA BEATER AT THE DRAG FOR ONLY 5'GS!!!! :D :D :D :D ;)

these are the performance mods he has done...
Ignition advancer
Shift Kit
Stage II Jet kit
Enlarged Air box to accomidate Ram Air intakes
Fire-Wire plug wires and ignition unit
Micron exhaust headers
Cobra F1R exhaust (dual)
Front sprocket is a 14 tooth (16 factory standard. Before crash it was a 16)
RK AFAM racing chain and sprocketts
K&N Filtercharger kit
Different pistons and rods, stock crankshaft

Bull shit!!!!!!!!!!! This is a scam.
This is the type of guy that would not let you drive his bike If you were interested...

157mph top speed MY DI*K

79HP @ 9800rpm

I can't even go on , This is pathetic!

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
440 Posts
Adam,

You forgot to add, those performance figures are "before wreck." Also, the 79 bhp is quoted as at the rear wheel, not at the crankshaft.

I wonder how he got a 79 bhp bike to run a 9.54 second quarter mile and top out at the far side of 150?

You pegged it. This guy is full of doo doo.

I was born yesterday but I was up late last night.

------------------
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Posted by Photobug <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Adam,
You forgot to add, those performance figures are "before wreck." Also, the 79 bhp is quoted as at the rear wheel, not at the crankshaft.

I wonder how he got a 79 bhp bike to run a 9.54 second quarter mile and top out at the far side of 150?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Photobug!

That was before the crash! ;)
My bike use to pull low 7`s at the drag strip, But one day I dropped it in the driveway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Now I can only get high 12`s !! :D

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

Adam

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey,wait a minute.....isn't this the same guy who build an R-1 to go 7.10 in the quarter mile at 210 mph?? You know the one that tops out at 312mph??? Hmmmmm...I"could" be mistaken tho'..... :p :p :p

JIM

------------------
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Pretty nice performance gain. Stock camshafts and all. (Or did I miss the camshaft?)

Sounds like a Honda running 12's with a bunch of stickers on it.

Xert

------------------

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Uhhh...I own an EX, and it's modified. I know for damn sure that it will not even come close to those specs. He must be using metric time and velocity measuerments.

If my EX could do that I never would have bought the R6.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Adam:

Are you kidding me???I went over to Ebay and saw someone actually has bid on the bike!!??
Oh man I could sell that bidder some swamp-land in Arizona!!! :D(No offence to people from AZ. :))
P.T.Barnum was right!!!

JIM :p

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Posted by katana600 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Adam:
Are you kidding me???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never kid ! :D :p

I like in the ebay ad where he says he will only give it to a good home :rolleyes: whatever ...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I went over to Ebay and saw someone actually has bid on the bike!!??
Oh man I could sell that bidder some swamp-land in Arizona!!! (No offence to people from AZ. )
P.T.Barnum was right!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's hard to imagine... I guess some people don't investigate on the info given.... Too trusting if you ask me...

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
70 Posts
If anyone is interested, I own about 70 acres of swamp land 50 miles north of Tucson, any takers?? :D :p :D

------------------
Yes officer, I could have easily lost you, so are you gonna let me go for pulling over??

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
F4MISSILE:

LOL!!!! :)

JIM

------------------

[This message has been edited by katana600 (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
157mph top speed MY DI*K<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

WHAT? I have a 7 second Ninja 250. I thought they were all that fast. Yours isn't??? :confused:

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited October 17, 2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
POSTED BY CBR_BRUTHA <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>WHAT? I have a 7 second Ninja 250. I thought they were all that fast. Yours isn't???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh! You must have magic pixie dust on your bike too! I need to get me a tinkerbell!!

------------------

Adam

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Squidwannabe:
I need to get me a tinkerbell!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brutha would be glad to be your tinkerbell.

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
Brutha would be glad to be your tinkerbell.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I'm your Huckleberry...

Name the movie to win the prize (conditional on Pete's willingness to serve the winner). Come on Pete, you know you like it... :p

------------------
~Nick
Hey squid, wanna race? No, not down that straight road...we're gonna hit the twisties. Hey, where ya' goin'?

[This message has been edited by CBR Brutha (edited October 17, 2000).]

·
Registered
83 Posts
That would be Tombstone, Val Kilmer Played the part of Doc Holiday!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
That would be Tombstone, Val Kilmer Played the part of Doc Holiday!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah bro, you got it. Now sit back and close your eyes, 'cause here comes Pete...

------------------
~Nick

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Posted by Cbr_Bro <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Yeah bro, you got it. Now sit back and close your eyes, 'cause here comes Pete...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLOL!! :D

No spills now Pete ! :D ;p

------------------

Adam

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damn, I wish I had been here to answer the quiz first, because I knew the answer. Then, it would've been self-serve! :D

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
Val Kilmer Played the part of Doc Holiday!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does the fact that Wolfman knew the answer and was so excited to answer it KNOWING the reward for a correct answer make anyone else wonder?

I dunno fellas, I think we're being overrun!

It's an RC-revolution

------------------
~Nick

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tried to respond with "P.S. I'll pass on the prize!" after the first post, but the system said something about flood control, But maybe the wife will give me the prize instead!

------------------
95% of Harley Davidsons are still on the road today,
5% actually made it home!

Bryon Hart
Ocala, Fl
95 ZX-7

1 - 20 of 21 Posts