Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I was wondering which bike is quicker, the CBR F4, or the R6? What about the CBR1000, or the R1? Assuming the same rider.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Whichever one is painted red is the fastest. Also, the SUIT you wear will make a difference. Armani is pretty fast, like all things Italian...

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Depends on which rider. The honda will likely be faster in the hands on a less expirienced.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only were the suit when I ride three blocks to work jacky. I was wondering because I was challenged to a race, but since I am a novice I decided that I was not going to get highschooled into it. I am also considering getting the CBR1000 next season, so I thought I would ask both questions now and get them out of the way.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Why not just buy a busa or zx12 if you`re concerned about drag racing?

·
Registered
427 Posts
You can just ignore me today. I am feeling slightly bitter because the front tire I had ordered over a week ago has not even been shipped, plus I could not ride my bike into work.

Look, everyone out there is different, with their mental and physical abilities and all. All we know of someone on this board is what we read in posts. You may be a level headed guy in real life, but when you, admittedly a novice, ask a question which bike would be faster, that immediately sends off a :squid: alarm, even if you are not one. You opened yourself up for a cheap shot, and you got it.:twofinger

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Veektor,
I didn't join this thread so some nerd could take cheap shots at me. I simply asked a question. That is why the thread is titled NEW RIDERS. Grow up.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Hey its a bike forum. more cheap shots than teenage girls at a boyband concert.
Dont get all butthurt just couse you got one. Just aim and fire back.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I wouldn't worry to much about getting the "fastest" bike.

It won't matter if your on a busa or a 12. If your new to things, I'am sure someone like dad will smoke you in the twisties on a 250 ninja.

If your just going in a straight line, then why bother with someonthing like a CBR1000. Everyone can do that and if that's your thing get a busa or kawasaki 1200. Put a turbo and extended swing arm on it.

a ninja 636 05 is the fastest 600 bike though:)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Sort like guessing due to condition the bike is in, the experience of the rider & the weight of the rider? Once you have all those figured out then you have a better chance. Also are we talking about long straights or a maze of bends along with ups & downs?

After all a firm will gol to great expenses to offer a bit with 4 lbs off it since last yr & a good example would be the Honda 929 at dry wt of 374lbs Vs the 954 with only 370 lbs though a bit better in power & torque. So you have a lot of things to look at. If this means which bike you will buy then it is up to you.

Still if you are going to take on someone for a race what sort of race? Like a drag race, racing in the streets, racing on the hwys with long staights or lots of bends, or would it be at a Track Day & that is where you can really find out. In my 58 yrs of riding the only time I actually raced anyone was more then on & that would be in MXing, Cross Country, Flat Tracking & Road racing.

On a few occasions I have scooted out on the hwy, not to race, but since I usually had the fastest of bikes others had a speed they wanted to see if they could reach & between our two speedos we could pretty well decide that yes he was doing 90mph (his aim) on his big bore Harley as I would be on a 500cc, very highly tuned, I knew could clock a bit over 110mph.

Your idea of a CBR1000 next is a good move I will agree.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I am sure that a lot of people could smoke me on smaller bikes, I was just curious. I think the question I should of asked about the R1 and CBR1 is, what are the differences? Will one bike stand out from the other?

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
psudy are you intending to ride constantly at 165mph or higher? If not then look at both bikes as being very similiar & then it is up to you to go by appearance & what the bikes offer.

Personally ,if Iwere in your boots, I would go for the Honda UNLESS there are some things you like on the R1. I turned down the Honda 1000 for an out of the crate 954 in August basically because I liked the 954 as it was closer to my 929. The Yamaha R1 is to extreme in riding position & my riding is not around town with some blips on the hwy, but a lot of hwy riding in these roads of the Cdn Rockies, like 5 to 8 hrs each time & 2 to 4 times a week.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
True cookee only you start to notice things like all your old injuries start to act up & if there were not old injuries there the human body will find ways to make it hard to for you to jog for hrs & hrs or run hard.

Nature has it so you are huffing & puffing when you never did & your eyes we become a bummer with many variations of lenses, teeth start to give trouble, you do not heal up like you use to & a bruse can last you weeks or months.

In working out in the gym I noted, some time ago, I could no longer do squats due to one dinged in knee, then the other & now (Dec of '89) a broken hip. You might end up having to take medication for this & that.

Not as cool as it sounds for I had a stroke on March 25th where I could not add figures the next day or even use the calculator with a paper roll on it as I had forgotten how. When on the PC I noted so many of my words were scrambled & now I have to use the dictationary more often even for words I commonly use. Plus some words simply are not in my memory cells.

I did h/gun shooting on Sunday & Tuesday evening to still group well though I ALSO know I am loosing strength in my hands though that is only due to the wonderful old age bit & not the stroke.

So have to wonder how much longer I will be able to ride, let alone drive my cage.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Mate, that's some scary sh*t!! All those things going wrong with your body and mind yet you're still handling weapons. :eek: (j/k)

Honestly, it's great that you're still active, especially still riding. I hope my body will still let me do everything my mind wants to when I'm in my senior years.

My 83 year-old grandfather still has a super-sharp mind, but his body's falling apart around him. We almost lost him earlier this week. Surgery on a perforated blocked bowel uncovered two tumors that he didn't even know about! His medical chart read like a text book:

* Quadruple bypass
* Pacemaker (actually, he's on his second one!)
* New knees
* Laser-correction on his eyes
* Kidney failure (all good now)
* Perforated blocked bowel (causing peritonitis)

All he wants is to get strong enough that he and nan can start travelling again. :D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good one hammer. Fits in with my age I must agree.

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Smitty said:
Good one hammer. Fits in with my age I must agree.

Haha...wouldn't it be funny, to see some young dude on a 600 or bigger get passed in a turn by one of us on a Vespa.....:laughing:

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Hammer 4 said:
Haha...wouldn't it be funny, to see some young dude on a 600 or bigger get passed in a turn by one of us on a Vespa.....:laughing:
Have you seen the size of some of the scooters out there now?

I saw a 650cc the other day!!!:eek: It was bulkier than a HD!!

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
My rollerblades are faster than an HD.

a 40hp sportster... so funny

1 - 20 of 30 Posts