Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:finger: I've entered this site today to express my concern for the "fashion" riders that plague our roadways. These people purchase a sportbike trying to look cool and fit in with the crowd, and for some strange reason they do "fit in" because it seems as the majority of sportbike owners can't ride their bikes for shit. I'm not Anthony Goebert or a Starboy and personally I don't care if I ever do reach the status of a recognized motorcycle operator. But when I fly by 4 bikes on one wheel and smoke their asses to the point of destinantion only to hear some old man yell at me about responsible riding I get confused. Why is this old man riding a 180mph+ ZX12R and not using it? My non-conformist solution is to start bustin his balls about trading his pupose built motorcyle in for a nice Virago 650. My point is all you safety concious sportbike riders out there need to keep to yourselves, just because I'm a confident and capapble rider doesn't give you the right to label me as a "statistic" or "unresponsible"

Oh yeah and one more thing ... at least TRY to ride your bike
I know your mom used to tell you practice makes perfect

:twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm sorry did I miss something?>...thats a helluva first post...

Hey whatever smokes yer shorts bud....you ride like you wanna

Because this affects all sportbike riders, I think I'll slide this over to Daily Rider so we can get a more varied reaction to this.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Remind me not to come to your funeral. It would be a waste of my time.

:twofinger same to ya buddy!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Winsome said:

:twofinger same to ya buddy!
I agree with Jena, same to you from me! :twofinger

Just because some of us ride like we have a brain doesn't mean we don't love riding sportbikes and have a great time while doing it and while wearing proper gear. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hahaha

Its nice to have a good laugh before I go to work.

I think you're confusing riding skill with showing off. Go to a local track day. Spend a few hours there, and then come back and report how skilled of a rider you are.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
3rdGearStnduP said:
I've entered this site today
...and now you can take your lame a$$ and get the phuk back out! Who the hell are you comin' up in here and tellin' us basically to all go to hell, and all in your first post!:finger: <--- Right back at ya':mad:

·
Registered
766 Posts
3rdGearStnduP said:
But when I fly by 4 bikes on one wheel and smoke their asses to the point of destinantion only to hear some old man yell at me about responsible riding I get confused.
Wow....ooooh.....ahhhhhhh...you must be a really fast rider. YAWN.........:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
3rdGearStnduP said:
[B...My point is all you safety concious sportbike riders out there need to keep to yourselves, just because I'm a confident and capapble rider doesn't give you the right to label me as a "statistic" or "unresponsible"[/B]
Hell yeah! Tear it up, ma' nizzle! Yooz is da' most capapble and confidence rider I ever sawd!

I dont think for a seconds dat youz "unresponsible." You da' shiznit dawg! yo.

P

·
0 Posts
Troll Post

To all who have responded thus far, does this not look familiar?!?!

Sportbike: 99' R1 Akro slip on, Ivans jet kit, 6 degree ign adv, solo tail.

I noticed right away that this is a profile I have seen here before, and though I don't have time at the moment to check IP addresses, I suspect that what we have here is a case of dual identities trying to get a little rise out of us.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
well I get three users that match this address exactly

The dimwit who posted it
F4Crackhead
and........Bonk!

so fess up :D

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm gonna try this weekend if my bike can do it.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
well it's not me. I live in zip code 85305, one away.

Perhaps the IP addr you see are from a college computer lab or something similar. There is a chance that several users could be at that IP.

remember when we ended up banning all of Luke AFB on accident. Quickly fixed though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Banned Luke?? In the USA??

Those guys at luke are the SH!! I've always had a good time when they come out. Why?? Cuz they come out to ride, not to talk, not to pick up easy women (well maybe) but they love to run their rides.

So far as guys that buy sportbikes and don't ride them, I fall into that category on several occasions:

1) When leaving the local hangout to go for the usual ride, wheelies and burnouts are stupid. Every cop knows where you're going and when you'll be back.

2) When meeting up for a ride on the weekend, racing to the meet up spot is foolish, why bring ants to the picnic

3) On the freeway when riding with 5+ bikes, dicing between cars is asking for trouble.

So, if you rode with me in any of those situations, yup i'm an old ass man riding a 124hp gsxr750 (soon to be 1000) but catch me on the track/twisty road/ or open straight and best believe i'll bust your monkey ass!!! If ya smell what i'm cookin!!

PPP

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Re: Banned Luke?? In the USA??

Paul 750 said:
Those guys at luke are the SH!! I've always had a good time when they come out. Why?? Cuz they come out to ride, not to talk, not to pick up easy women (well maybe) but they love to run their rides.

So far as guys that buy sportbikes and don't ride them, I fall into that category on several occasions:

1) When leaving the local hangout to go for the usual ride, wheelies and burnouts are stupid. Every cop knows where you're going and when you'll be back.

2) When meeting up for a ride on the weekend, racing to the meet up spot is foolish, why bring ants to the picnic

3) On the freeway when riding with 5+ bikes, dicing between cars is asking for trouble.

So, if you rode with me in any of those situations, yup i'm an old ass man riding a 124hp gsxr750 (soon to be 1000) but catch me on the track/twisty road/ or open straight and best believe i'll bust your monkey ass!!! If ya smell what i'm cookin!!

PPP
Here...here, and ditto:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm back and pleased to see you all enjoy my train of thought. It seems that you all have taken this posting as an insult, which it was not meant to be. Maybe it offended you because I was a bit blunt, or because you believe I'm "bragging, but I think it's because your a scrub and you know it. I ride for me, I like being on one wheel at 120, I like throwing nose wheelies, I like being in control of my bike. Simply because I push the limit dosn't mean I'm a moron, nor does it mean that you can't ride, it just means that some of us have the dedication and talent to learn how to do these things. Now that my rebuttal is out of the way, let's get back to the point. I love your responses, but why couldn't you say something somewhat positive like " You're an idiot...be safe and good luck". Winsome would rather say she wouldn't "waste" her time at my funeral, thanks I appreciate your sympathy. Winsome you weren't invinted to begin with, and second of all I wear the proper riding gear, so hopefully God will watch out for me and let my helmet and leathers take the majority of the fall. I'll heal up, by a new bike, and LEARN FROM THE EXPERIENCE. I know we all have or had a friend that had a misfortunate happening on a bike and that sucks. Life is a bitch....then you die and I know I will die happy because I did what I want. SO WHEN YOU SEE ME OR SOME OTHER "UNRESPONSIBLE" RIDER DON'T ASSUME WERE IGNORANT OR CARELESS just wish us luck and roll on.
:finger:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pete don't assume

I also forgot to note that I'm not a net junky so this actually would be my first posting. Pete the administrator will look in his records and let you all know this. Thanks Pete

·
Registered
62 Posts
1stGearSitdwn

3rdGearStnduP said:
I also forgot to note that I'm not a net junky so this actually would be my first posting
Give it up Troll boy, your busted.:drool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts