Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a family medical emergency I will not be around the boards for awhile..

Steph was admitted into the Childrens Hospital there in Downtown Detroit for what was first suspected to be brain tumors found by a Cat Scan done in Soix St Marie. While she was camping with her dad... she was having problems and passed out and he took her there to be checked out.. after hearing this he immediatly brought her back and I met up with them late Friday night and we all went to Det to have her seen there by a neuro surgeon...

They admited her and did some more extensive tests like MRI & MRA and found that it was NOT tumors yet it was Brain Angioma's - two clusters of malformed blood vessels that were bleeding .. now we are awaiting further testing to determine which kind of Angioma these are to find out what the next step is.. either corrective surgery or mediaction and monitoring... to prevent the possibility of hemorraging/bursting. They wont' be doing these other tests till Tues.. due to the holiday weekend..

Please keep her in your prayers .. I know alot of ya'll never met Steph but most have.. she always enjoyed the way everyone included her in things when I brought her around.. and thought ya'll would like to know what's going on, many of you are like an extended family of my own...

I'll try to keep you posted after we here more on Tuesday....
Eunice

btw thank you again Jen929 for bringing me back early Friday from Grattan and Matt & Andy for bringing my truck and trailer back :thumb:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Our prayers are with you Eunice. Let us know how things are going.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
sorry to hear this...take care of her.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Eunice,

Wow, I am very sorry to hear about Steph! All of you guys will be in my prayers. Just remember, as hard as it may be, think as positively as you can. It will help you and your family get through this. If you need to talk or anything, give me a call.

Laura

·
Best ET 7.77 @ 186mph
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update 7-5

Well the Head Neuro Surgeon was able to pull strings and force people to come in to do the EEG and EKG late yesterday instead of putting it off till Tues .... at first they wanted to monitor her to watch for more symptoms and she was not displaying any other problems after admission so he didn't feel there was a need to have her stay till Tues for the additional tests... so she has been released and allowed to come home till the surgery is scheduled.

They determined that the Angioma (a mass of malformation of bloodvessels) located at the back of her head was the one bleeding and causing the headaches but still doesnt' think the passing out was related and plan to do surgery to remove it. The Angioma located on the right side towards the front was not bleeding and therefore does not need to be removed at this time.. just monitored. If at a later date the right front side one becomes symptomatic then it will need to be removed as well.

The surgery was said to be simple (as much as brain surgery can be) that the blood vessels are usually easy to pull away from the brain matter and disected.

They feel that this is not to be done as an emergency surgery but as an elective so we meet with the team of neuro surgeons next week to discuss a date to do the procedure .. there at the Childrens Hospital.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers and I will pass them along to Steph when she wakes up later.. and will keep you posted of the date of her surgery and let you all know she pulled through fine :thumb:

There have been some offering places to stay while down there.. thanks to the Ronald McDonald House right next door that won't be necessary ... they allow family members to stay there when they can't stay in the room with her or are too far away to commute back and forth everyday... and at only $ 10.00 a night for up to 4 with no time limit to stay.. what an awesome organization.. I never really knew what they were all about.. and now that I do I feel bad that I've never contributed to them before :( (but that will change :thumb: )

E.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts