Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Posted By Rug Burn
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Pussy foot, kick that sucker in gear<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would but I just got this pedicure done :eek: :)

Posted by Dan F4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>What kind of bike do you ride??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
A ninja 600R.. Not a ZX6(R)

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

G

·
Hey,

my bike developed or has a false neutral between 5th and 6th. My question is .. How is this created ? I've seen new bikes plagued with this ,Is it normal ? Should I worry ?

Adam

------------------
If somebody sounds as though they might know more than you, talk more and louder.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Pussy foot, kick that sucker in gear :D

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
987 Posts
I don't think it's a normal development. Sounds kind of like a bent or worn shift fork. I've never heard of anyone getting that one, though. Usually it's the lower gears. If you're comfortable with taking the motor out of your bike, you can fix this one yourself fairly easily. Good luck

------------------

·
Registered
192 Posts
I occasionally have gotten a false neutral between first and second gear. Happened mostly before I had the first oil change. Add to that the fact that my ZR likes a firm and consistant change, not a very fast one, and I think that is why it happens to me. Hasn't happened in a while, though. May be I just started shifting better as well.

Anyway, hope you find what's wrong. Good luck.

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

G

·
Isn't a "false neutral" really a "true neutral" when it happens between first and second?

------------------
Pete
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pete:
Isn't a "false neutral" really a "true neutral" when it happens between first and second?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True/False,....I always prefered multiple choice.

------------------
"If everything's coming your way-
you're in the wrong lane"

Clark

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pete, it is a true neutral when you want it to be and a false neutral when you don't. Makes things easy... :)

------------------
Richard M. Poniarski
'00 Kawasaki ZR750F2, a.k.a. ZR-7
AMA #674623
NY S666C
ZR7OA #3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts