Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A glorious weekend here in the Sierra's. I took a little ride up Hwy 88 to an area called Hope Valley. It's at about 7,500' and the Aspens are peaking in color variations. My middle son and I had a lovely afternoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wouldn't this be a nice place for a picnic?

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
<Gasp>Very beautiful scenery. Must've made for a great ride.</gasp>

·
Registered
865 Posts
Tahoe said:
This from the top of Carson Pass 8,200'
HeyTahoe......wheres" Maverick" and "Iceman".............??? :D

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Kidding, but the TOP GUN flight school is about 50 miles from here in Fallon (Naval Warfare and Strike Fighter School, NAS Fallon)

Those folks occasionally do a lap around Lake Tahoe in about 30 seconds, then head on back to the gunnery range east of Fallon. Incredible birds, very cool to watch. They do an airshow out there every couple of years that is way-cool.

Good neighbors to have these days :D

(Terr's like to target defenseless civilians, not the best fighter pilots in the world)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Nice pictures,

To anyone who hasn't seen the mountains in fall or winter, DO IT.
I feel they're by far, the most beautiful then.

·
Registered
443 Posts
No wheelie pics?

·
Registered
74 Posts
nice pics, if you ever get a chance come out to PA and take a spin through our hills, almost as nice

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Only on the DRZ400 'killer :D

I took this lad last year to the MX races in Placerville, along with a group of riders from the Sierra Sportbike Association (nice group of folks, BTW) one of the guys is a great wheelie rider (R-6) and he's playing around, unicycle style. My son, on the back of the 'King, says to me, "Hey dad, please don't do that!"

I replied "Don't worry son, don't worry" :)

While I imagine I could get the nose up on the beast, it wouldn't be pretty. (kinda like wheelieing a Gold Wing) Some things just aren't right :)

Secasarge: I grew up outside of Syracuse and have many a fond miles under my belt in the NY-PA area. It's gotta be simply gorgeous there right now.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Tahoe,

How old is your son?

When I was about that age, I didn't want to be caught dead with my father. It's cool now, though. Hopefully, my relationship with my daughter (3) and her as yet undetermined sibling will be better.

I think it's really cool to see youngsters spending time with their parents.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lad in the pix is 12. I also have a 13 year old lad and the Princess, age 6 (she's a blast)

I think kids are great. I wish I was a better dad, but I try to improve every day. The lads like dirtbikes & quads (cars too) so there will always be something we can share together. I'm hoping to do a major cross country ride with them when they get their licenses...maybe even the 4 Corners :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
nice pics Tahoe!

My boyfriend and I went for a ride through the Poconos on Saturday. It was almost as nice! There's nothing like fall at 100mph.

·
Registered
636 Posts
LMAO!! :D :D I saw a guy on a sportster 1200 bust a wheelie this weekend. It was goddamn hysterical, I laughed the whole day and even now if I think about it I start laughing. Guess I can't say their bike won't wheelie anymore. :eek: LoL, I almost wrecked i was so awestruck, he pulled out a sidestreet saw me coming and stood it right up. It was great I love seein stuff wheelied that you don't expect to.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: nice pics Tahoe!

praxedes said:
If it has a kickstand or a d!ck, I can ride it.
oh realy?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Re: Re: nice pics Tahoe!

sagekiller666 said:

oh realy?
It says "can" not "will". Keep dreamin' ;)

·
Registered
766 Posts
BTW -- Great photos Tahoe. I must admit that cruising an area like that on a sofa will be a far different experience than doing it on a sportbike. You can have the mindset of relaxing and taking it all in on a sportbike but it's just not going to be the same. Kind of like trying to relax and smoke a pipe with heavy metal music playing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Birdman said:
... trying to relax and smoke a pipe with heavy metal music playing...
I do it all the time. but its more like relax, smoke bong, jungle, and food.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts