Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried to install my russell 2 line race kit ss brake lines and as i was torquing the dual banjo bolt included in the kit to factory specs it snapped in two. i had already torqued the two original bolts on the calipers with no problems. i guess the russell bolt is a softer metal. i tried to contact russell to get a new bolt and crush washers but they didn't reply to my e-mails or my phone messages. does anyone have any ideas where i can get a new bolt and washers? does anyone know how high i should torque the bolt? thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
1888fastlap should be able to help you out. This is Marrietta Motorsports. They get most of my M/C dollars. It would have to be shipped though so your out of luck for a quick fix. If you can find a race shop around you, they can help you out too. Heck try the dealer.

As for torque, about 18 ft/lbs should get you close. This is the spec for a '99 9R. Banjo bolts is banjo bolts. I keep my service manual(you do have one don't you?) dog eared to the torque page and use it everytime I tighten a nut. I also have three torque wrenches in my tool box. I know what it's like to want to make sure bolts are tight and snap one off giving it one last snug. There is nothing like screwing something up to help you lose bad habits.

------------------
Crusty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts