Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from getting it from my local dealer for $69, does anyone know where I can pick up a SuperHawk factory shop manual for a reasonable price? I would be most grateful and would be happy to let you, your wife or your girlfriend have my baby. But seriously, many thanks...

------------------
We don't know where we're going, but we're making good time!...STC

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had to pay about $56 for my factory service manual from Kawasaki which is robbery but I would definitely stay away from any after market manuals. Especially Clymer since they are known for major discrepancies in their diagrams and stats.

A REAL factory manual is the only way to go. Of course, the manufacturer is the only place to get it so they can gouge you on the way but still worth it to have the facts.

------------------
"It's easier to get forgiveness than permission."

·
Registered
22 Posts
I also inquired about this but could not find anything. Honda had not sold enough bikes to get the aftermarket publishers to make a manual. Try Clymber. I paid the $67 in May 99. What a rip-off.

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
All I can say about Clymer is be careful. In a topic of mine in this forum, you'll see that my Clymer manual stated that the torque specs for my rear lug nuts was 25 ft-lbs, when the real number is 80. That's a helluva misprint.

Sorry that I cannot be of assistance on the issue of locating a cheaper factory service manual. I think that $69 is high, but probably worth it over the long haul.

------------------
Pete
-Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
That factory service manual will easily pay for itself and then some. I bought one, and I'm glad I did.

------------------
--2000 VTR1000F Super Hawk

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Hey who was that that cut every page from the manual and put it inside a plastic sleeve in a binder???
I finally did it too! VERY sweet, I wanted to say thanks for the idea! Now all the pages stay clean and lay down nicely when your reading it with your hands full.

------------------
Kyle J.-
email:[email protected]

P

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by riverrunner_2000:
Hey who was that that cut every page from the manual and put it inside a plastic sleeve in a binder???

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe that was Don (I1ACBR).

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts