Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, it's good to finally find a sportbike forum! I'm a past factory road race mechanic (see bio) and can't wait to jump in and help with the forum. I'm riding a 99 900RR but mostly dirt, the roads aren't too good here in cental Oregon. got to go but will return to other topic's, See Ya, Sage.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Great to have you Sage also checked out your site and I think it is awsome what you are doing.You will have to share some of my man Chandler's stories with us :D.A little info on the great muzzy system most all of us kawi riders have :) Would be cool also.

But mainly welcome to sportbikeworld!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Glad to see another Oregonian on here. I'm from the coast area (Florence, awesome dunes), but am currently in hawaii courtesy of the United States Army. I just recently got into sportbikes being a dirtbike kid all my life. Love the Honda CR's for dirt, but I'm thinking about waiting for the new kawa 7R before commiting to buy any sportbike. Anyway, glad to see another person from the great state of mud (lots of rain). Trails and dunes kick ass in oregon. cya.........mac

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! Thanks for the welcome, I had a few emails from other members so I came by and to my surprise sombody saw my post. As for the Chandler bashing, don't bite your lip just cuz i'm here. I dig the guy, he's one of the most down to earth riders i've ever met and feel that his performance of late is not all his fault, the bike is dated to say the least and he's old enough to have fathered most of the field! but he is one of the smoothest, non crashing riders there ever was and if pushed (for the right reasons) will perform, but he is still human so give him credit where credit is due and he'll retire when it's not fun anymore.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Welcome to SBW. :cool:

Glad to have some behind the scenes insight. We have probably met in passing. I have helped(when my real job allowed it) Steve Grigg since '96 with the Muzzy Raptors(one of the years on FBF Ducati but we won't mention the D-word) and have been in the Muzzy tent a couple times. :)

I must say that seems to be two class acts you've worked for in Chandler and Yates. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hiya!!

Welcome to SBW!!:)
Hey Sage,I used to live in Orygun,Coos bay area,Klamath Falls etc.
I'll be down your way this summer on my vacation,a friend of mine is moving from Eugene to Bend.
Later...

Jim

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
RCjohn said:
have been in the Muzzy tent a couple times. :)

But if you have met John, you will know he was in the back part of the tent, and wasn't turning wrenches. He was earning those signatures!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John - older guy with glasses? What do you look like, I only remember 2 guy's with Grigg and one was Vic and the older greyish guy with glasses.

At least he got the poster signed!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sage said:
John - older guy with glasses?
No, tall fat guy, hunkered down in the back corner, sitting on a 5-gal bucket, looking kinda retarded, eating Twinkies and humming "Jingle Bells."

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sage said:
John - older guy with glasses? What do you look like, I only remember 2 guy's with Grigg and one was Vic and the older greyish guy with glasses.

At least he got the poster signed!
Steve Grigg Sr. is short older guy with glasses and curly greying hair. I'm 34 years old, 6' and about 250#(was then) short blonde(some grey) hair but I usually had on a cap. The couple of times I was there you guys were quite busy and we dealt with Mike(if memory serves me on the name). :) I brought one of the spare Raptor engines over on a cart to have it rebuilt also came with Vic once on a scavenger hunt for some kind of seals. I didn't do a lot of taking since you guys were busy. :)

This link shows the 98 team. I'm the one to the back and right(behind Mike Tjon).

http://www.2wf.com/Photos/FUSACo/GriggTeam.jpg

BTW, don't listen to anything Pete says here. He is very messed up in the head. The nurses let him on the computer everyday as part of his mental rehab. :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen many faces while working in the fish bowl, yours look familiar but I don't think we ever spoke!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sage said:
I've seen many faces while working in the fish bowl, yours look familiar but I don't think we ever spoke!
Probably not, I'm shy around you factory guys. :D

Seriously, I usually tried not to disturb guys while working. ;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Shy? What were you gonna do John, ask him out???

haha, couldn't resist!

Nice to have ya here Sage

·
Registered
653 Posts
...but I moved away after I hit some guy on an R6.

haha, hope that wasn't out of line Vypir. I thought you might get a laugh out of it, whatever happened with the guy/s that hit you by the way? Understand if it's a touchy subject, sorry for bringing it up if so.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts