Does anyone have a suggestion for
getting the rubber seal around a
helmet to not stick to the faceshield
so it can be easily opened? Each time
the shield is closed comepletely
the rubber seal sticks at the top
of the shield and the bottom making
it difficult to open. The helmet
(AGV Quasar 2 Mladin Black Replica)has been worn only twice since it was brought new.
Is this a normal condition with AGV helmets?

------------------

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had rocks come in through that gap when I get a good gust of wind. You might want to leave it that way. Call Agv and ask them this might be normal.

------------------

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have an AGV Q3 and I have noticed that with each new sheild I buy, it either works fairly good for flipping up and down or it sticks somewhere. IMO not all shields are identical; 4 sheilds and only 2 have worked smoothly. Solution: get new irridecent sheild, sand edges of current sheild, or put some type of lubricant on rubber seal????

TRevor

------------------

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
my q3 doesn't have this problem. my r1 (helmet, not the yamaha) did. i found that cleaning the inside of the visor a lot helped best.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Arai & Shoei helmets come with a little plastic container with silicon type liquid so you can seal the rubber edge and face shield and to make it easier on you to open your shield.

If AGV doesn't come with it, go to your local dealer (hopefully you have a friend there) and ask him to give you one.

------------------
CBR900RR'1997
Are we there yet!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much every one for the suggestions and the help. 1. I did contact the AGV forum, I haven't received an answer yet. :(
2. One hour ago I went to the local Wal Mart and brought one Aerosol Can of Silicone Lubricant. After a few applications of Silocone Lubricant to the rubber seal the
faceshield raises from the fully closed
position with out sticking to the
rubber seal, not even once. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I called AGV Inc. and was told that the ratchet system being tightned would solve the problem. It was tight however, both sides needed to be alined . Once that was done the opening and closing of the faceshield
became very smooth. :) :D

------------------

[This message has been edited by LADN (edited July 10, 2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts