Sportbike World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a F4i and love it. My bike has about 3400 miles on it and the rear tire is bald, showing cords in the middle. Are the stocks just crap or what? What do you all recomend for tires. Ride a lot of twisties:) Oh ya, the front tire still has good tread. I don't get it?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Bridgestone BT010s stick better and last longer than the 207s that your bike came with. Around $200 a set. You can get around 5000 miles out of the rear, perhaps more from the front.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Ditto to what Stoinky (?!) said. Some F4i's have Piolts, you might take a look at those but I think the 010's are hard to beat for traction and mileage. Oh yeah, don't forget to rotate them! :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had Michelin Pilot Sports and I got 10000 miles from the rear. Don't laugh. Didn't wear out the edges hard, still a squid I guess. But that is pretty high for any tire. My next set I got were Bridgestone BT010's. Very good for the price, under $200 for the set and the traction is excellent. However, I am noticing that while NOW I am wearing out the edges more than the Pilots, the center area doesn't look like it will last that long. Already have 2000 miles on this rear and looking like only 2000 miles. Maybe it's the compound Michelin uses or the Bridgestones aren't as hard. Who knows. But I like the BT010's. Good enough for 95% of the riders here and definitely good enough for me.

·
Registered
325 Posts
10,000 miles!! Wow. I am lucky to get 7000 miles out of the touring tires on my Concours. I presently have 4500 miles on the BT010s on my 9R and the rear is toasted, no tread on the sides. The center still has a little tread but it's at the wear bars. Going to try a BT020 on the rear this time just to see how it feels. I figure at the rate I'm riding it'll only last a couple of months so if it sucks, I'll live with it for the short time and maybe do some burnouts without guilt to wear it out a little faster.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had the BT-010's and the 207's. I found that after the BT-010's warmed up I felt pretty confident on them. When I get the 207's warmed up, I don't feel as confident in the corners. From what I have been told by other riders that I ride with, the 207's are it as far as tires go and to never buy anything else. I have also been told the the Pilot Sports are an awesome tire. Even though they take a while to heat up, once they heat up they rarely let loose in a corner. I have also been told that the BT-010's are not that great of a tire. However, contrary to belief, I have still felt more confident in them than the 207's.

·
Registered
284 Posts
After working in the parts dept at a M/C dealer all summer, here's what I gather from people about tire choices. The Bridgestones are the best tire for life, but the worst of the big three for grip. The 207's don't last as long, but after warmed up, grip better. The Pilots grip really well, but due to their shape, the middle wears pretty quickly. The Pilots are shaped so there is a larger contact patch when leaned, but it's pointy, so that point gets warn down during freeway driving.

·
Registered
306 Posts
i've had mine for 3.5 months and have 4400 miles. I show almost no wear/tear. Is this odd? I ride the snot out of it in the city/highway/boonies. No racetracks, though....

·
Registered
325 Posts
have 4400 miles. I show almost no wear/tear. Is this odd? I ride the snot out of it in the city/highway/boonies.
You may want to try a different brand of snot. Some synthetic snots can be ridden right out due to their cold flow characteristics.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would love to ride. However, during my last racing weekend on Aug. 31, I had a pretty nasty highside during morning practice and ended up with a broken right hand and right foot. Unfortunately, I will not be riding at all until next year.
Typyng with left hand takes forever!!!!!:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts