Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Kaw fans, I'm getting my first sportbike in June hopefully. I always thought I wanted a cbr, especially now with the Fi. But last week a solid blue ZX6R really caught my eye at the dealership. I'm torn, I need help. For more info check my post on the honda board.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'll agree.

Although i dont think there is much bad at all about the F4i, i have to say i feel the ZX6R is just an all around better sportbike.

You will undoubtedly get alot of Honda guys who will argue this, but everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking a bike. Nonetheleast of which is simply brand loyalty.

When it comes down to it, the new 600's are so close, performance wise, that an R6, 6R, GSXR or f4i would all be excellent choices.

·
Registered
576 Posts
My inexperienced opinion

From what I know most 600s are very close as far as performance. Especially the Honda and the Kaw. Just do a little research, look into some magazine tests. But most of all it may just come down to which bike fits your body and riding style the best. I was looking at the new 01 bikes at a dealer, and I sat on both the R6, and the F4i. The R6 seemed to fit me a better.

I think the GSXR is supposed to be a little better than the rest this year, but what do I know without even riding any of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi. I agree with oldgixer, Sit on both before you even start contemplating buying either bike, Decided which one feels most suited to you then make you'r final decision.. Just my opion anyway

Good luck and let us know what you get..

Aaron

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
decisions decisions

I stopped by the dealership yesterday and sat on the blue 6R. It's so much more comfortable! I really like it. The more I see it the more I want it. I really like the seat and rear end. And by the time I outgrow the suspension(along time) I'll just upgrade it. According to Sport Rider the susp. is the only thing holding it back on the track.
I also sat on the new gixxer. Very hot, but I don't know about commuting on the thing. I feel like I'm speeding sitting still on the gixxer.
Anyway, 6R owners, hit me up with some opinions on your bikes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Re: decisions decisions

Tyronin said:
According to Sport Rider the susp. is the only thing holding it back on the track.
All they are saying is Kawasaki did not pay them enough advertising money.Remeber last year bike of the year 2000 zx-6r well it is unchanged and now the suspension sucks.Get real, magazines suck that is why most of us are here to hear real stories about real life riding.Don't get me wrong I read all of them and SR is one of them but it is all about money to those guys.

This year looks like suzuk paid out a fortune to the magazine guys.So far the best bikes according to magazines :

gsxr-600 -was the crappiest 600 last year now an update and it is better than the r6 get real :mad:
gsxr-750 -same bike fell second to the r1 last bike of the year now unchanged it is better??
gsxr-1000 -hey who knows maybe it is the best bike on the planet :rolleyes:

Well I think Eric Bostrom likes his zx-6r :D :D

GO ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Re: decisions decisions

Tyronin said:
Anyway, 6R owners, hit me up with some opinions on your bikes.
Well I just picked up my brand new 2000 6R about a month ago. I've put close to 1000 miles on it sense then, and here's my opinion:

This bike is a complete package...it is definately a confidence inspiring bike. easy to handle, very comfortable, falls into the corners when you want it to, but will gladly let you squirrel around while you're there. It's got enough juice to pull wheelies on command in the lower gears (haven't tried the upper yet), and still be a docile street bike for commuting to work. I was apprehensive at first about getting this bike...wasn't sure if I wanted to trade to Honda...I mighta but I got a good deal on this one, and now I have no regrets...If you're seriously considering one there 1 green 2000 6R here locally thats brand new...never been ridden (its the twin of mine) just waiting for an owner (list is $6600 before TTT)....

·
Registered
653 Posts
QBclub, a Honda beat you on the straights, twisties, or on the brakes, or all of the above this weekend? I must have read a dozen posts where you mentioned Honda recalls today :D At least Honda puts out recalls, more often than not, for stuff that nobody has actually ever had go bad, just to be thorough. How about the ZX9r FI problems? A problem for several years, and nothing from Kawasaki. It cracks me up how people complain about recalls. Things slip by, the big boys admit them, and fix them, FREE. I guarantee you that nobody would have any problems with their 929, F4i, etc, 99.99% of the time, Honda is just that thorough, they won't accept that .01%.

Anyhow, I'm not mad, I'm not ranting, I just think it's getting REAL old ;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Rob Nance said:
How about the ZX9r FI problems?
I think before they can have fi problems they would have to put it on the bikes :rolleyes:

The carb problem you are talking about is not a big problem and rejetting the bike solves alot of that.

You know its funny how everyone here can slam Kawasaki but the first time someone jumps on honda people get all touchy.Honda has had alot of problems here of late and it is really the only time I can recall them doing so.I'm taking all the punches that have been thrown my way over the last year and giving them back.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
qbclub13 said:

I think before they can have fi problems they would have to put it on the bikes :rolleyes:

The carb problem you are talking about is not a big problem and rejetting the bike solves alot of that.

You know its funny how everyone here can slam Kawasaki but the first time someone jumps on honda people get all touchy.Honda has had alot of problems here of late and it is really the only time I can recall them doing so.I'm taking all the punches that have been thrown my way over the last year and giving them back.
Get 'em. :D

P

·
0 Posts
qbclub13 said:
I don't think it's an issue of touchiness, just irritation with the same ol' recall thing time and again. Get some new material every once in a while. Us "Honda people" can take it (well, maybe not RCJohn). :D :D

Seriously, though, you state "Honda has had a lot of problems here of late." Besides the clutch and fuel line recalls on the 929, what other problems have there been. Again, I'm being serious and non-confrontational, because I haven't heard of any others, and if there are others, I'd like to know about them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
haha, whoops, yeah, carbs, that's what I meant to say! ;)

Well, has it been here QBclub? the grief? I don't know of anyone really giving Kawasaki, or Kawi owners a hard time, anywhere. They seem to be the kid that goes un-noticed, not causing any problems, and just doing their thing putting out good bikes. I hear 10 Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha rants for every 1 Kawi maybe. I think that says loads about reliability and owner loyalty for Kawasaki.

Anyhow, like I said before, in response to what you said about a Honda person getting touchy at the first comment, you had just said it at least 4 times in different forums today, was why I said something :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Pete said:
Seriously, though, you state "Honda has had a lot of problems here of late." Besides the clutch and fuel line recalls on the 929, what other problems have there been. Again, I'm being serious and non-confrontational, because I haven't heard of any others, and if there are others, I'd like to know about them.

Well a lot of it is not just the recall factor but also the blown rc51 engines at the race track(read the news forum).I really was just funning because I really like Honda products and I'm currently looking for and f2 or f3 to put on the track.The only bike manufacturer that I think sucks is Yamaha and this is only a customer service standpoint :mad:

I guess I should have used the blown engines instead of the recalls :D That has been a major problem for Honda,I think they built new engines this year or something maybe RCJOHN can tell us the deal on that?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Rob Nance said:
.....I don't know of anyone really giving Kawasaki, or Kawi owners a hard time, anywhere. .....
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha..

Guess he wasnt on here about a year ago!
The Kawi guys were getting black and blue with all the stone throwing going on here.

And with all the "editorial oversights" going on in the SB Mags these days the Honda guys have no room to complain. Its funny how 2001 is the year that Kawis suddenly get ignored, as if they dont even exist. Hmmmm.. (Do I care? No, but if the Honda guys are gonna start whining, then ill raise these issues)

I agree with QB, it is just simply AMUSING how touchy you honda guys are. I knew Chris was just funning everyone and didnt think for a second he was trying to be mean.

Chris, dont give in to their whining.

You honda guys must be kinda insecure about your rides if you have to get so defensive when someone gives out a bit of razz.

Ah well...

:D

1 - 20 of 45 Posts