Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the case for other F4 owners, but the headlight and tailsection just don't do it for me. My bike looks too much like a YZF600R or other older sportbike, especially when it's parked next to my buddies' R1's and R6's. The banana seat doesn't look sporty, plus there isn't much storage space under it.

I guess the F4i would be a perfect solution, but I can't afford to sell mine and buy it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure the tailsection from an F4i would be a direct bolt-on, but I'm wondering if the front cowl with dual headlamps would bolt on also. It looks like both models have the same side fairing. However, I'm assuming that I would also need the F4i's gauge cluster also.

What are your opinions on this? thanks in advance

·
Registered
653 Posts
I also like the improvements to the F4i in the tail and headlights, but in defense, you have one of the most beautiful color schemes on that 2000 F4 to start :) I think this was a pretty large change year, and I would be willing to bet a lot of mounts changed. Nearly ever piece of bodywork is shaped different, tank, the lowers are changed, and of course the rest. The sides no longer cover the frame on the F4i, do they?

Anyhow, keep your bike IMHO, unless you have loads of money to spare :D ...in which case you should buy me a new bike, and then RCJohn one, think he wants a Ducati or better, a SUZUKI, he LOVES them!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Get a Targa seat cowl--it'll look a lot better. Maybe put some Tricktape over the headlight too--that will hide the shape of it a little.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I have also looked into doing the samething on my F4. One thing I did notice was a bolt on the rear cowl by the seat. The F4 doesn't have this bolt, I think you would have to drill into the subframe and then tap it (something I'm not willing to do). This is the first things I noticed, after I saw that I just gave up on the idea. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts