Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Does anyone know of a rear eliminator kit for the F4? If so, how much and where can I get one?

Thanks!

--Tai

------------------

·
Registered
130 Posts
Tai,
LP makes an elimiator kit but it costs around $100 or so. most people who have used it have said that it really is not worth the money and you can get a close enough look by just sawing the back-end off!

you remember my fender on the F4, dont you? if you want i can help you remove it. hopefully, you wont fail inspection just as long as you dont take it to Colemans!! :)

let me know dude!

-----------
arif
'99 F4 (stolen)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arif,

The reason I didn't consider your route was because you had mentioned that it had failed inspection, etc., due to the loss of the light over the license plate. Do you think the light can be salvaged? Also, tucking in the rear turn signals as you've done, looks like something I want to do eventually. BTW, how's the bike situation? I was just thinking, you won't have a choice of a new red/black F4 here in the States if you're planning to get a Y2K. Hope you can get a bike soon for 211! BTW, I received a confirmation e-mail from NESBA concerning track time! I am set for 7/22 at the Jefferson Circuit. Thanks for your lead. This should be interesting.

--Tai

------------------

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tai, check out this site http://darius.pce.net/sihyer/929/. He has speed a step by step way to get rid of the fender of a 929, should be the same for the F4.
Go to the site, scroll down the right hand side and find Modifications and you'll see the tip for fender reduction.
My buddy did this to his 929 and it looks really good.
One thing to remember if you do this is that you will have to add reflector bolts to the bottom of your liscence plate. I was going to do this when I had my F4 and the inspector guy told me that if I do I will need the reflective bolts and the light for the liscence.
Hope this helps.

------------------
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip, RRonin. When you say reflector bolt, do you mean those "red" round reflectors to hold the plates?

--Tai

p.s. BTW, RRonin, concerning the bike rides this weekend... I haven't heard from the guy so it looks like a no go, and joining you guys for the Clifton trek sure sounds fun, but unfortunately, I won't be able to today. I'll have to get a rain check. I'll give you a call should we go out this coming weekend. They usually go out on Sundays, but I've gone on Sat. rides (on local routes) as well.

Have fun and safe ride!

--Tai

------------------

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah Tai, thats what I'm talking about. I think they cost like 50 cents, no bid deal, another thing is you only have to have them on when you go in for your inspection.

------------------
00 CBR 929rr
95 Camaro Z28

1 - 6 of 6 Posts