Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have info on changing the f3 headlight or have a link to a site that does?? thanx for any help.

Brad

·
Registered
517 Posts
It is a tedious chore, but here is what I remember.

bike on kickstand, bars turned left

reach in from right side to unplug connector to back of bulb--if it is the first time off, it may be a pain. don't destroy anything, but be persistent

once unplugged, remove spring clip that holds backing of light in--this is where I buggered mine. clip has two ears that need to be pushed toward each other to allow swinging clip to pop out EASILY

if you are using force or want to use tools, you are probably doing it wrong.

get some GOOD light under there and be gentle. once it is out, you will say 'oh, that's no big deal"

Clip that holds light in will pop from its catch on right side of bike. clip is hinged on left side. clip works like some windshield wiper insert end clips OR some womens' hair clips. hard to describe, but once figured out, you can do it with your eyes closed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Center black panal

I noticed when I had mine that it was a little easier (at least to see) the little clip that holds the bulb in if you remove the center black section from the underside of the fairing, I believe it's 2 phillips screws or 4 push type clips. :confused:

Good luck

Ride Safe!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts