Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, y'all! Nah just playin'. I don't say "howdy." I'm Mike. 26 years old in Katy, Texas. Don't yet have a bike but I'm looking to get one SOON, VERY VERY SOON. Hoping to find a nice '01-'02 F4i.
Took the MSF basic course couple of weeks ago and it was friggin' fun!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Cheers!:cheers:

There's some great info around here. The archives and stickies in the new members and new riders sections have a ton of good advice.

Good luck finding a bike.:thumb:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:eek: Protective gear!? Sunglasses and an mp3 player isn't enough?

i'm currently looking into a helmet, jacket, and gloves. I'll probably get a pair of riding boots too just b/c of the one time i was on a friends bike and my laces got tangled up in the shifter...

I went to the local Honda dealership today and tried on some gear. I like the Arai Signet helmet; just might need to get some thinner cheek pads for it.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
Chino_Mike said:
...i'm currently looking into a helmet, jacket, and gloves. I'll probably get a pair of riding boots too just b/c of the one time i was on a friends bike and my laces got tangled up in the shifter...
Don't forget pants or atleast overpants. :D

Oh, welcome to SBW! :thumbs2:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Howdy, I ain't kidding. I had an f4i as my second bike. You will love that bike. It is a little to much for a beginner, but to each his own. Just be careful and that thing will treat you really good. That is one of the best all around bikes ever, IMO. Wish I didn't wreck mine. Peace.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Better late then never

Welcome to SBW :hello:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts