Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant believe some people are so ignorant that they acually try to wreck us on bikes. today me and my cousin went for a good ride i let him take my 85 CB700SC for a spin we did about 140miles he does have a lot of experance riding just no bike at the moment, well about 10 miles from the end on a road i know well with alot of hills and twisties , i was doing well over the speed limit and david was following me when i saw a truck ahead of me aways as i closed on the truck he went over a hill and i had a weird feeling so i slowed down not sure why but i did and as i crested the hill and started down the other side i saw the tuck and didnt take me long to relize he was not moving and no brake lights on and oncoming traffic so i did a panic stop and david was far enough back to stop in time , after i came to a compleat stop he started moving, alittle way down the road he did a brake check ( so his bake lights did work) but i didnt get close enough to be any real threat then he turned . what a fucking asshole i was tempted to follow but i dont need to runin my day by getting arrested so we just did the remander of our ride. just venting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
so the guy deliberately stopped in front of you guys multiple times? :mad:

seems alot of us are getting hell from the world of 4wheeled vehicle owners...

sure you heard of my mishap :mad:

you made the right choice by not following this kid and breaking his neck...although i'm sure you were tempted

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now tell me you do the speed limit all the time especialy on back twisty roads I doubt it. I dont speed in town.

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
I believe its Smitty's mantra that one should expect that "all cagers are out to get you". I haven't run into malicious drivers personally and am glad to live in an area with few vehicles and generally low stress drivers. Glad you managed it well. Road rage serves no purpose on either end.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The truck driver may have slowed using gears only, hence no brake lights. Sounds like his turn was coming up on the other side of the crest of the hill.

I don't like to crest hills carrying too much speed, because you just never know what's waiting on the other side.

·
Registered
892 Posts
is it posible you pissed off some of his other trucker buddies. they have a tendancy to radio ahead if they think they have been wronged.

·
Registered
139 Posts
sscottab said:
yes he did and iam aware of what happened to you, hope it all works out for you.
that's absurd...yeah hill crests can be a nightmare...you never know who or what could be backing out of a driveway or pulling onto the road...just about as bad as a blind corner

thanks again for the sympathy :)

·
Premium Member
3,439 Posts
Had something similar happen a couple years ago, except it was a local cop that came to a stop around a blind corner and was watching his mirror as I came around the bend. Luckily I had that uneasy feeling and was taking the curve at 5 below the posted speed limit. Normally, I'd have been flying around it and would have been forced to go off road or hit the cop.

That, coupled with a couple close calls and the loss of a friend recently has made me a lot more cautious going around blind curves/crests. You just never know what's happening on the other side, and it's not worth risking lives to find out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sscottab said:
now tell me you do the speed limit all the time especialy on back twisty roads I doubt it. I dont speed in town.
You can doubt all you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. However, I do indeed adhere to the speed limit at all times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm a fairly experienced rider, but I can't imagine trying to avoid an obstacle immediately after cresting a hill, or coming around a bling corner. As far as speeding goes, if you don't speed, kudos to you, but I would bet that almost everyone speeds, that is on 2 or 4 wheels. On a bike, you have to be extremely conscious of your speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts