Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

No my bike wasn't stolen...almost but no it wasn't.

So my dad's out for a long weekend and as a present to me, he buys me a 2hp 15 gal Craftsmen air compressor and some accessories for it. Very nice of him and all. I bring the thing home today and get it all put together and set it out in the garage (as I do with both motorcycles, at least $2000 in power tools and various other things) and like always when I'm home I leave the garage door open.

I'm standing in the kitchen (next to the garage), and I hear some rattling out in the garage, turn the corner, and the compressor is gone.... As I bolt outside I see a POS Isuzu pickup tearing out of my complex with my brand new (not even two hour old) compressor in the back of it.

I'm not so much pissed now as I have the feeling like I got raped....and the sad part is it was probably a couple of crack heads ...

Ultimately I tried to chase the guys, but I didn't have my bike key handy (I thought: In reality it was in the ignition and they could've stolen the bike) so I had to chase them with the truck....but I lost them...
I did the right thing and filed a police report and I'm pretty sure that my dad's CC has theft protection, but still, why do I feel like someone walked into my house and beat the shit outta me?...

Thanks I needed to vent

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Will:

I am sure sorry to hear about what happened to u.I hope they get caught and get the book thrown at 'em!!:mad:
I had a 4x4 of mine vandalized several years ago and it leaves you feeling vunerable and mad and hurt. My trust in the human race took a blow that day!!
Still I try to keep in mind these few cretins are supposedly a minority!?!

Hang in there bud:)

JIM

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'd love to catch some dumb ass in my garage that was trying that, beat their sorry ass so bad, they would be beggin me to call the cops !
Don't these idiots think of the risk's there taking ? one wrong house, and the owner's just gona shoot em !
Your right, it's probably all about getting drug money !, don't worry, their day will come !

·
Registered
741 Posts
rrrggghhh

Damn, that pisses me off... worthless, no good, lousy mother $%%##^&.... People who steal should have their FREAKIN fingers cut off one by one.... works in other countries, why not here??? Sorry about that man, I know what that feels like... RRRGGGHHH

·
Registered
468 Posts
I am afraid of what I would do if I caught somebody doing that. I always say that I wish I could catch somebody trying to rip of my bike (or home, or car, or whatever), but then I would have to live the rest of my life with the knowledge that I actually killed somebody. I don't think I would like that.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
That is just wrong!

Back in 92 my buddies F2 got stolen right in front of his house within 10 minutes! Damn Thieves got some balls these days!

G

·
Will, that sucks big time! Hang those mofos, tall tree, short rope. That kinda stuff REALLY pisses me off!! On the other hand, though, maybe you should feel good that it didn't come to a physical confrontation; with scum that bold, no telling what they might have done.

If you have renter's or homeowner's insurance, you might have coverage there as well.

Oh, and tell your dad that he should stay at my house next time; I could use a compressor. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Stealing a mans tools is just LAME!! Sorry Will, I would shoot the Mutha that stole any of my tools. :mad:

G

·
For Sale ...

2hp 15 gal Craftsmen air compressor and some accessories for it. Cheap !! email me :D ;)

No seriously Will ,

Did the get the guy ? I feel bad for you bro .. You (as well as Pete) are a good hearted guy :D ;)

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
dude that sucks. maybe robert can let you borrow some stuff from the safe.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's sad that some people just take what they want when the rest of us bust our a$$es every day to get what we have. At least most criminals are stupid and will eventually get what's coming to them. :mad:

·
Registered
468 Posts
tigerblade said:
It's sad that some people just take what they want when the rest of us bust our a$$es every day to get what we have. At least most criminals are stupid and will eventually get what's coming to them. :mad:

Unfortunately most of them just end up in jail. That's not even close to what they should have coming to them. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts