Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuckem we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's.

RANT ON

Ok so my parents come to town today, and my girl and I had dinner with them. My dad was telling me about the trip down. He said at this one point here hears some bikes come up. He tells me he is doing about 70, and the bike fly by him like he is standing still weaving in and out of traffic, (My Dad is a rider) He then says that they all of the sudden slow way down, yea there was a cop just sitting there. After they pass the cop they are back at it again, and then out of my dad's sites.

I tell my dad I don't ride like that, he then tells me that if he ever catch’s me riding like that he put a bullet in my engine block.

To all you fucken squids out there :finger: This is the reason why we get singled out because of your inconsiderate ass holes, Who don't give a rats ass about anyone, not even your self.

Here is the sad thing none of the people that do this shit will ever read this. They will either not make it home tonight, don't know what a computer is. If they do they don't know how to turn it on.

And people wonder why we get a bad name.

I got shit for something I don't do just be cause I ride a "Crotch Rocket." I know I would tell my son the same thing to if I saw all this.

I'm starting to learn who the local "bad asses" :squid: 's that are in this town. And I don't wave to them. I ride right by them. Just cursing keeping the RPM's low.

It was funny the one day watching one of them try to impress my girl as I was riding home and she was behind me. he was clearly on an R1. But the only thing he new how to do was wheelie. After every turn he was no where to be seen.

I have been riding my bike for 2 years now. and I can't do stand up wheelies or any of that shit. the only thing I can do is power up's in first gear, at low speeds. Heck I can't even ride a wheelie on my dirt bike.

To all you :squid: find a new hobby one where you can't hurt so many people. Maybe try sky diving and see how long you can go before you pull the cord.

RANT OFF>

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Good luck changing the world.:rolleyes:

Seriously, did you think when you bought a land rocket that these things were well respected by the public at large and / or law enforcement? Were you misled somehow into thinking that riding one of these things was a way to make friends down at the resort?

If you were, then hell, demand your money back.:2cents:

Fact is, these bikes attract two kinds of riders. People who ride responsibly and appreciate finely tuned rockets of death, and dickheads. There will always be dickheads.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hi EdgeRanger-

Excellent rant! :D As an aside, what caliber rifle did your father say he would select to attempt to crack your engine?

~ Blue Jays ~

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was riding home from work the otherday, i'm cruzing up the street to get on the freeway and i'm within 10mph of the 45mph posted speed limit and i see these head lights closeing on me from and intersction behind me, well these two asshole squids go ripping by me at 100+ on their gsxrs and continue flying up a street with driveways and cross traffic; one of the dick heads passed me in my lane just a few feet to my right. --We'll just say that i don't like people who ride like that, if they want to endager themselves by all means they can go kill themselves, leave me out of it, i don't give a fuck how fast your motorcycle goes, i've ridden just about everything out there, and i'm content with what i have so.....

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Darwin's theory doesn't apply in the modern world I guess. It seems more and more responsible and talented riders are taken out by cages, yet squids live long enough to be rampant everywhere. But then again, for every fallen squid, there's 10 waiting to replace. So I guess good riders are the rare breed out there... and perhaps our days are numbered. :(

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Edgerabger: arent your a bit quick to pass judgement? All you know is that some guys were going down the highway at higher than 70mph. and slowed down for a cop. You dont know who they were, what their riding skills were, or how fast they were actually going. Cmon people stop it with the "They are giving us a bad reputation" BS. There are stereotypes plenty, and if you didnt fit under the sportbike one, you'd fit under something else. If you arent happy about getting bitched out for something you didnt do, stand up for yourself.

·
Strength and Honor
6,144 Posts
Vash said:
Edgerabger: arent your a bit quick to pass judgement? All you know is that some guys were going down the highway at higher than 70mph. and slowed down for a cop. You dont know who they were, what their riding skills were, or how fast they were actually going. Cmon people stop it with the "They are giving us a bad reputation" BS. There are stereotypes plenty, and if you didnt fit under the sportbike one, you'd fit under something else. If you arent happy about getting bitched out for something you didnt do, stand up for yourself.
So you're effectively saying we should accept the stereotype and allow ourselves to be punished for the actions of others?

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I'm saying we are all going to be stereotyped, wether we ride or not. Get used to it, and think about wether its even worth fighting most of the time. Perhaps the time is better spent convincing others that you are a responcible rider, rather then trying to talk every squid out of being a squid.
Its definetly counter productive to call a bunch of people you know nothing about squids. Thats just perpetuating the same stereotypes..

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am not condoning riding aty 100 mph throught city streets or any type of showing off but it sounds like you are just mad because you can't ride a fucking wheelie come on man .. live and let die if they want, I think every one who is a member of the website has opened up there bikes on an open road that has light traffic before. So if you have only been riding for 2-yrs and don't be upset because the guys in your town may have a little more skill. :twofinger ...

P.S. >> you should be more concerned about the death threats from your pops wassup wid dat..

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll line up with the OP ahead of the firing squad!

The folks in question may or may not have been doing anything real crazy, but I certainly understand the position.

A few weeks back I saw this guy riding a wheelie on his gixxer up an on-ramp during the tail end of rush hour. How does that not present a bad image for the rest of us? Or the guy I saw this morning passing a dozen cars riding on the shoulder? Through an intersection for crying out loud! This wasn't stop and go either, the rest of us just weren't going fast enough for his 1000RR.

I could care less about what these people do in front of my folks, because they know I'm responsible and handle myself accordingly. But think about anytime you've been stopped by an "asshole cop," or harrassed by other motorists while on the road. There are certainly some grey areas like the folks in the OPs post, but there are more than enough squids out there to give us all higher premiums and worse treatment from our local law enforcement.

Admittedly posting a rant here is preaching to the choir, mostly, but it'll be a sad day when we stop caring about how other riders behave in traffic.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
First of all, I think all of us do squid like things while on a sport bike. If you didn't, you'd be on grampa's Goldwing cruisin down the highway smoking a cigar. Oh, wait.. let me guess.. "but I don't rip down the highways weaving in and out of traffic at 130, I only ride aggressive in the twisties." You're still riding like an asshole, except on backroads. Even you're in the middle of nowhere tearing up the twisties you still never know what's around the corner, and taking turns at double or triple the speed limit (I certainly don't pay attention to the 15mph turn signs) is just as squidly as highway antics.

Basically I'm just sick and tired of all the whining. Don't expect anything to change, and unless you stick to the posted speed limit on highways etc you're just as guilty.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
there's a difference between riding somewhat reckless and endangering your life and possibly a deer or racoon than going 130 mph on the freeway weaving in and out, splitting between lanes, and scaring other motorists, pulling bunch of wheelies and more than likely endangering their lives. in the backroad curves, some people can only manage to go only 10 above the limit, twice the limit, or three times the limit. this is where skill and experience come into play. I have never gone through a curve maintaining such a speed where passing motorists on the opposite traffic would be forced to swerve, first I make sure the road is relatively empty. on traffic and freeway, anyone can choose to wind up the throttle and be that much fast and reckless. think about that.

it's the type of risks that we choose to take, and I never have made a decision on the road where it will put someone else in harms way, even to their own error.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I agree with Vash and Unas. The world will not change. If you didn't ever drive agressively you would be riding some big cruiser bike.As for the warning signs for the speed limit in the twisties... Those are just there so you can guage how serious the turn is. If a sign says 15mph the turn could probobally be taken at 70. LOL. :)

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
You cannot change the way others will ride. Like to-day I was on my 600 & so clocking around 150kph---90mph on a 100kph--60mph road so passed a lot of cages.

Then on 90kph---55mph road & ease off to around 115kph--65mph for I have received a few speeding tickets on this part.

Up comes a chap on a sportbike & simply screams by me on this one mile staight stretch at probably 135--175mph though guessing, & now I am up to 130kph--80mph what with a lot of nice bends along with some downhill twisties & something like 20 minutes later I have just one cage in front of me to the rider I so mentioned as he swings from present hwy to the other as I was also going to do.

Okay so he eased off on the bends & that is sensible for I feel they were all new to him, like I have never seen him on the mtn hwy, so really he did quite well.

What did catch my attention on a boering part set for 80kph--50mph & a lot of traffic with double no passing line for us I noted he had scooted by some cages. Still it was fairly straight bar some ups & downs plus some easy turns so that was him chancing getting a ticket & I will not do it on said stretch as to many cops.

I honestly felt the chap rode well though lord help him if something had got in his way as the pace was to fast for stopping.

·
Registered
317 Posts
In my case a couple of the guys I ride with have their WERA racing licenses. I'm humbled by the fact that guys with those skills would take me under their wing so to speak, but there are those days when I feel I'm riding by the seat of my pants......These guys ride like some take no prisoner muthafukers:D It can be a little overwhelming at times..to say the least. Then there are the days when I ride with my buds who are basically the same skill level as myself. In other words, we don't mind riding at a somewhat slower pace. None of us in the latter group have ever been to the track, the consensus amongst us is that we'll save the high paced maneuvers for the day & days we actually get to the track...which should be be in the near future:cool: Bottom line is people are pretty much going to ride at their own comfort level street wise whether aggressive or more so relaxed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Fuckem we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's.

EdgeRanger said:

Here is the sad thing none of the people that do this shit will ever read this. They will either not make it home tonight, don't know what a computer is. If they do they don't know how to turn it on....
I read it, and I can turn the computer on by myself. Hell.. I even whipe my own ass!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Re: Re: Fuckem we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's.

RoadStainR6 said:
I read it, and I can turn the computer on by myself. Hell.. I even whipe my own ass!
:laughing: :laughing: :thumb:

(I can spell wipe correctly too! :cool:)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Fuckem we don't care, oh wait we care about the cop, Dad say's.

Unas_the_Slayer said:
:laughing: :laughing: :thumb:

(I can spell wipe correctly too! :cool:)
:twofinger :twofinger

·
Registered
227 Posts
Why do we really care what the general public thinks anyway? I haven't seen any hot-topic ballot issues related to sportbikes or motorcycles in general. My insurance is at a reasonable rate. There are no angry mobs running around demanding the end to all motorcycles.

So even if squids are out there raising a little hell . . . so what. When the pocket-rocket import cars were coming onto the scene there was a huge uproar because of the fatalities involved in street racing. The public just doesn't give a shit about us when we (and squids) go down in flames. I don't want to play the chicken and the egg game on whether the squidly antics contribute to the second class attitude towards motorcycles, but motorcycles are a novelty in this country.

So ride at or below the speed limit, raise that front wheel in the air, scare Grandma by passing her at +150mph, or just wash your ride on Sunday morning . . . it's all the same. You ride a motorcycle and are just a little bit screwed up in the head.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Thermide said:
Why do we really care what the general public thinks anyway? I haven't seen any hot-topic ballot issues related to sportbikes or motorcycles in general. My insurance is at a reasonable rate. There are no angry mobs running around demanding the end to all motorcycles.

So even if squids are out there raising a little hell . . . so what. When the pocket-rocket import cars were coming onto the scene there was a huge uproar because of the fatalities involved in street racing. The public just doesn't give a shit about us when we (and squids) go down in flames. I don't want to play the chicken and the egg game on whether the squidly antics contribute to the second class attitude towards motorcycles, but motorcycles are a novelty in this country.

So ride at or below the speed limit, raise that front wheel in the air, scare Grandma by passing her at +150mph, or just wash your ride on Sunday morning . . . it's all the same. You ride a motorcycle and are just a little bit screwed up in the head.
+1 (Except the part about reasonable premiums, but that's a whole other animal.)

The non-riding public doesn't give a rats patoot when we die, more than half of them actually attempt to kill us when we ride, and most of them think it's funny to see a guy fall off a bike so screw them. Why in hell should motorcyclists try to better our image? Nothing in it for us, except maybe more kindly worded obituaries.

Eff the non-riding public.:finger:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts