Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
~~About week ago or so, i felt like goofing around with my bike, not the usual kick ass speed thrill, but rather pull some small-time stunts for the first time on the buell.
~My first thing to try, a stoppie, i was cruising in the neighborhood following the speed limits somewhat and at a stop sign, brake hard
~well i didnt go too far with STUNTIN', i had my fun, the bike was put in the garage as the college-exam week passed by . . .

~when riding now, my front brake seems to be squishier and less firm. also i seem to be squeeszing much farther than normal

Is there a problem? the new feel is not too comforting for me
Could it be that when stuntin i relocated lodged brake caliper bubbles into the brake line . . . leading to brake fade . . . ?

what gives:dunno:

~~gras~~

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
bleed em. my yet to be proven theory is that hard, prolonged braking wears out the plungers in the master cylinder.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:huh:?

I recently have blead the f-brake, and clearly saw the color-change in old vs new fluid from the exiting tube

I guess you right, the only way to solve this is to do it again.
whats nice about the buell is that i dont have to hassle with two calipers, one caliper makes the process simpler

·
Registered
352 Posts
....but 2 calipers are way better for the StUnTz!!

you should get yourself a manual and educate yourself on your braking system, and then check out you mastercylinder, if the bleeding doesnt fix it, then your problem is probably the plunger being worn out like vash said, and the fluid is just bypassing making it feel sqiushy and what not

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll just leave this thread to be jacked, b/c i know i dont need to replace anything,
and i have not clearly explained myself, which leads to a broad speculation and theories

peace out:hello:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts