Sportbike World banner

Extra Ordinary Meeting 26th January 2005

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  bigphil 
#1 ·
The following agenda will be shortly e-mailed to all current members.[

Extraordinary General Meeting
In accordance with article 7.3 of the SBR constitution, and with reference to the memorandum sent out on 11th January 2005, an Extraordinary Meeting will be held on 26th January 2005.

The purpose of this ‘EGM’ shall be to allow the current membership to vote upon the use of funds and events held prior to the proposed dissolution of the club at the end of February 2005.

Please note that this meeting is not held to formally dissolve the club. That meeting will take place at the end of February 2005 if during this meeting the members vote to call the Dissolution EGM. Unfortunately, we can’t do both meetings together as the constitution requires us to officially cease all activities and submit a certificate of Dissolution to R.O.S within 7 days of that meeting, (not enough time to hold the proposed events).

Date of Meeting: 26th January 2005

Time: 8:00pm

Venue: The Dubliner (upper floor), Winsland Conservation House, 165 Penang Road Singapore 238461

Those Invited: Members Only

Agenda:
1. Welcome by the Chairman
2. Proposed Track Tuition Sessions
a. Format of Sessions
b. Date of Sessions
c. Vote to hold the event.
3. Proposed End of Club/Year Social Event
a. Venue & Style of Event
b. Date of Event
c. Vote to Hold the Event
4. Proposed Dissolution of SBR
a. Dissolution Date
b. Dispersal of Club Assets & Unused Funds
c. Vote to hold Dissolution EGM
5. Any other business

Please note if you are a current member and still resident in Singapore you may vote by Proxy if you cannot attend. Proxy votes will only be accepted by the club via fax on +65 6736-4329 together with a Photostat of an Employment pass, PR or local IC. Proxy Votes must be returned by 12:00pm 26th January 2005.

See less See more
#2 ·
OK Who's Coming then?

I've got a couple of responses by e-mail, but it would be good to know roughly how many will be attending on Wednesday.

We will be starting at 8:00pm sharp and get the whole official meeting over by 8:15pm. Just 15 mins of your time gents to vote and then you're free to go.

I imagine most of us will stay on, get drunk and talk bollocks as usual.

Just let me know by the end of today please whether you will be coming, YES or NO. (As far as I'm concerned anything apart from a YES is a NO.)

Hope to see you on wednesday!

#6 ·
How can I resist?

I'm there.

Boycie's done a grand job to get this club dispersal this far. It's in the interests of those few remaining members to turn up or vote by proxy o/wise the funds (such as they are) will be swallowed up by te Govn.

We are trying to do something here that will benefit everyone, be a grand day out and a half AND leave something for a good cause.

#9 ·
Dadi......vote!!!!

Dadi said:
Hi,

My schedule has been changed, so unfortunately I won't be there.

Vote by proxy please, all you got to do is print out the agenda i sent you, show or type YES or NO to the Votes in each section, and fax it with current Pr/IC/EP etc.

It will help alot!

+65 6736 4329

or e-mail a scan copy

#11 ·
Re: Re: Ummmm

WOLVERINE II said:
bwahahahahahaa......my future wife says I'm the same way too!!

but one qn....where is this place?
The address is per the first post!

but if you're not sure where Penang Road is, it runs parallel to Orchard, The Pub is kind of opposite the Meridien Hotel/Orchard Plaza, kinda at the junction of Killiney & Penang a little way up towards Oxley.

#14 ·
I dont like to be a kill joy...

...... but this ones for paid up members 04-05, don't think you signed up for SBR this year. (correct me if Im wrong )

You are of course welcome to join us afterwards, but the voting if for this years membership only.

Not personal, just following the rules.

#15 · (Edited)
The Unofficial Minutes

Meeting Start: 8:30pm

Attendance: Leroy R, Andy B, Gareth W, Carl, N, Phil M, Raymond VDS, Simon G, Enrique K, Joeseph L, Nils U Z.

Proxy Voters: Stranic. D, Trevor S.

Quorum: Yes
10 out of 16 members present + 2 proxies (minimum required =3/5ths of current membership)

Chairman: Joe L

Notice of Meeting: In accordance with Constitution

1. Introduction
Hello campers.., where the f*** is that useless c*** Legend. What a f***king Thundering Numpty...etc....etc. The beers are on the club! (yipee etc) Have you got a job yet......, only twats buy Honda's you should get one too yada yada, (Splash),our drinks are under the table can we have some more please with pies......nice shirt peril..How old are you ?

2. Track Tuition
FORMAT: As per originally proposed,(see SBR End is nigh)maximum expenditure for all incurred costs not to exceed S$2.5K out of club funds.

DATE: 21st to 25th FEB 2005
VOTE: Unanimously passed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. End of World Piss Up
FORMAT: BBQ To be held at 'The Blue Catt' with the internationally acclaimed gourmet fandango Simon G on the incinerator.

No pissing in the pool or sniffing the Mrs's knickers, upstairs third draw down. (Subject to clearance by Internal Affairs)

Club pays for food and piss with a maximum expenditure of S$1K.
Open to current membership + 1 friend each. (all participants to bring a bottle)

Don't drive: Jaegermeister will be served

DATE: Friday 25th February 2005 8:00pm

VOTE: (Unanimously passed....what a shocker!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Cub Dissolution EGM
FORMAT: EGM to be held during BBQ(see above). Raffle will be held for the club assests S$20 a ticket. All monies to be donated to charity along with any remaining SBR assets. Charity will be chosen by elected charity counsellor 'The Big P'.

1st Prize: 1x ELM8830 High Fidelity Cash Box
2nd Prize: 72x Extra Fat Bastid SBR T-shirts
Consolation Prize: 1x 'fark-off' video camera

DATE: Friday 25th February 2005 8:00pm
VENUE: 'The Blue Catt' (The Gay district Holland Village)
VOTE: Unanimously pased
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Any Other Business
a. Have you seen the bill.....who's going to wash up?(S$365)

Meeting adjurned

Apologies for spelling..can't be arsed to check

#16 ·
The Original Members

Boycie said:

Club pays for food and piss with a maximum expenditure of S$1K.
Open to current membership + 1 friend each. (all participants to bring a bottle)

:confused:

What about the original members, the pioneers, the ones that were present during the immaculate conception of the baby itself, the ex auditors..................(the ex member who is back in Sillypore that week and fancies a free beer? ;)

Sounds like a boycie boycott :crying:

#17 ·
Re: The Original Members

FlymoJoe said:
:confused:

What about the original members, the pioneers, the ones that were present during the immaculate conception of the baby itself, the ex auditors..................(the ex member who is back in Sillypore that week and fancies a free beer? ;)

Sounds like a boycie boycott :crying:
We did discuss this, and much as we wanted to open it up for all the 'old boys' the limitation is the venue and budget.

The Blue catt residence is only modestly palatial and the host rekons only around 30 people would comfortably fit.

With that in mind and limited budget the best we could come up with would be current membership + guest each.

Hiring a venue to accomodate current & past SBR members and their guest would cost a lot more, meaining tickets would have to sold and associated revenue accounted for etc which we're trying to avoid because of the impending shut down of the club.

I have no date for the 25th so if you'll put on a skirt and give us a kiss, I'm happy to bring you along!!!!

P.S I always thought that contributing members of SBR, such as yourself were always rewarded quite handsomely by their fellow brothers upon their retirement....No??

#18 ·
Re: Re: The Original Members

Boycie said:

I have no date for the 25th so if you'll put on a skirt and give us a kiss, I'm happy to bring you along!!!!

P.S I always thought that contributing members of SBR, such as yourself were always rewarded quite handsomely by their fellow brothers upon their retirement....No??
:thumb: Yes, no complaints there, great gesture from you boys when i left ;)

I might just give you a call closer to the date and see if you're still dateless. I'll wear the skirt but I'm not faaarking kissing ya, I know where you've been:eek:

Does this forum die along with SBR?:crying:

#19 ·
Re: Re: Re: The Original Members

FlymoJoe said:
Does this forum die along with SBR?:crying:
Depends if the "killer of all things internet" "Tug" throws his toys out the pram again and moderates us to doom. Mind you seeing the grief he got last time off "her that must be obeyed" i reckon we stand a chance of keeping it :twofinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.