Sportbike World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been looking and looking for a full exhaust system for my 1994 suzuki rf 600r and i finally found one and was wondering what i could expect from it hp wise and torque wise. Its a d&d full exhaust, and would I have to get a jet kit for the bike if i want and put on the full exhaust? What stage jet kit should i get? I hear people talking about stage 3 jet kits but is it worth it and what would be the hp and torque gains?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yes, in order to get any kind of performance gain from a pipe, especially on a carbuereted bike like yours, a jet kit is absolutely essential. Doesn't really matter what "stage"- that's just a bunch of marketing hype. Just get a kit with enough needles and jets to get the job done. I'm assuming that you're going to have a professional mechanic do the jetting for you.

Properly jetted with the pipe, your bike could see a 5-6 rear wheel horsepower gain and perhaps about 2 ft/lbs of torque.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not going to try to tackle this lol im going to take it to a local shop to get the headers and everything done, the jet kit as well i thought there would be more of a performance increase with a full exhaust tho.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts