Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I am going to buy either a Suzuki GSX-R 600 Or a Kawasaki ZX6R. The ZX6R has rear tail exhuast exit and the GSX-R has side exit. I have been told that when you drive a rear exit at higher speeds such as 100 km/hour your clothes can start to stink like exhaust. I am wondering if anyone else has heard this or if it's just a rumor.

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
I don't think it matters really. i had a stock pipe on my bike which was a low pipe, then had the high pipe, clothes smelled the same. Of course it could be due to the other vehicles in traffic that you are behind, but that's just my :2cents:

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
IF(?) you were using Castrol R (Castor Oil which is a Vegitable oil) & especially a two-stroke THEN you could give thought to any smell on your clothing, but honestly in my 61 yrs of riding, even the few comp bikes with Castrol R, my clothes did NOT smell. Probably someone with another wife's tale.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bindlestiffjim said:
i have an '07 zx6r and i don't get any exhaust smell when i ride.
That's awsome. That's the bike I am looking at... Do you notice any exhuast smell particularly on the highway for a longer trip ie. an hour or more?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I dont feel the smell when i ride, but when i come back home - i feel it... but to me it's mainly the gasoline smell w/some mechanical (oil?) scent to it... + sweat =)

·
Resident Smart Ass!
3,933 Posts
igorek82 said:
I dont feel the smell when i ride, but when i come back home - i feel it... but to me it's mainly the gasoline smell w/some mechanical (oil?) scent to it... + sweat =)

You can feel smell?! :eek:

Can you taste fear too? :twofinger

·
Registered
423 Posts
You really need a third party to tell you if you smell like exhaust or not. My wife usually tells me I smell like exhaust when i get back from a ride and this was on my F4i (side exhaust) and on my ZX-6R (undertail).

I never think I smell like exhaust.

·
Registered
165 Posts
with an under tail the person riding behind you will smell like exhaust after a few stop lights. :2cents:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts