Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up some gold anodized muffler bearings, anybody know how to install them ?

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

S

·
0 Posts
yes

------------------
Watch out where those Huskies go , Don't you eat that yellow snow ....

Adam

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Muffler bearings :confused: is that like turn
signal fluid??

------------------
I really should be working...

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
You wasted your money. The gold anodized ones will not work on the RC-51 you're waiting on. It will only take the metric titanium ones. ;)

BTW, I upgraded to the synthetic blinker fluid. What a difference. They run about 5 degrees cooler. :cool:

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"

S

·
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I upgraded to the synthetic blinker fluid<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You put synthetics in ?? cool!!

I just finished seting up the preload on my kickstand !! WHAT A DIFFERENCE !!! 3 clicks out !

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
john,

do you need to re-map for that ti muffle bearing?

i think everyone has a case of the 'fridays'.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Wheeeee! It's Friday-Madness-Time! Break out the four-footer! (Bong, that is.) JK

Seriously though, remapping the EFI to compensate for the muffler bearings' dielectric fluid volumetric efficiency, is not the same thing as re-winding the alternator to compensate for the resistance entered into the elecrical system because of the low cascading frequency caused by the synthetic turn signal fluid. Get it right, ok? My head hurts....gotta go!

------------------
Cosmo
"You have some options to choose from: You can lead, you can follow, or you can get out of the way!"

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
think i'm gona return them for the titanium ones,...thanks John !

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cbrf2boy:
john,

do you need to re-map for that ti muffle bearing?

i think everyone has a case of the 'fridays'.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No remapping necessary. A guy who knows a guy on www.iamthefastest.com said he installed them without mapping and gained 0.4 horsepower.

BTW, Cosmos... nobody said anything about rewinding the alternator. Geez, we all know that stuff. Some people think they know everything about go-fast blinker fluid technology. :rolleyes: :p :D

------------------
John

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Your blinkers are submersed in liquid? Thats cool, mine are just the ones with the bulb and yellow plastic. Are they expensive?

------------------
If if if....
If a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass every time he jumps!

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
I replaced my footpegs with high compression
units when I changed over to semi-synthetic
turn signal fluid. I then took the R1 to
my local shop for a dyno run. I gained
45 HP at the rear wheel. It could work for
you too! :D

Brutha - Just let it go man.

------------------

[This message has been edited by chris_y2k_r1 (edited October 10, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
When replacing muffler bearings,remember to upgrade your Johnson rods too!!! :D :D

JIM :p

------------------
"Adults are just kids who owe money."

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I still prefer standard fluid for the turn signals. I feel that if I use synthetic it may get down into the muffler bearings and cause damage. I also adjusted the preload on my sidestand and added a sidestand rebound dampener. :D
Oh yeah let's not forget the DID and inturace.com stickers I put on the bike for a 5.25hp gain.

------------------
You get the best thrills on two wheels!

Damn rice burners!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thank god. This is the best thread I've seen in 6 months. I was wondering why my lap times have been suffering. Now I know - synthetic turn signal fluid. Only question is - What weight should I use? :D

------------------
Ride Fast - Take Chances

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what turn signal fluid is a good question,.. well let me tell ya, i ran some that was too heavy one time, i was doing about 115 mph. when me buckle broke on my fan belt !,...all hell broke loose ! never again will i use over 10-50 WT.

------------------
texas tornado #2

jim

·
Premium Member
3,294 Posts
Geoff - That all depends on what amperage
your flux capacitor is rated at. The
rule of thumb is:

X/Y Where as X is the amp rating of your
flux capacitor multplied by voltage rating
of your bulb. Y is the displacement of your
coolant resevior in millileters.

I used 3.14/755 this formula works great.

------------------

S

·
0 Posts
Posted By Chris_Y2k_R1 <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Geoff - That all depends on what amperage
your flux capacitor is rated at. The
rule of thumb is:
X/Y Where as X is the amp rating of your
flux capacitor multplied by voltage rating
of your bulb. Y is the displacement of your
coolant resevior in millileters.

I used 3.14/755 this formula works great.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One question... What happens if you hit 80 Mph while in a wheelie ?? :confused: :confused:

------------------

Adam

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
ROFLMAO!!! :D :D :D

We are some bored SOBs to keep this thread going. Can you imagine what a new member is thinking reading this advice. :D

I have another question. Do 2-strokes need blinker fluid or is the oil in the fuel adequate. :confused:

BTW, IMO sidestand dampers are a waste of money on anything but Ducatis. All you need is a dog-bone to change the stand geometry.

Why hasn't something been developed to eliminate the muffler bearings. The teflon needle bearings have helped but it would still be nice to get by without them. :rolleyes: :D

------------------
John

S

·
0 Posts
Posted by RCjohn <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>I have another question. Do 2-strokes need blinker fluid or is the oil in the fuel adequate.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, 2 stroker's don't need their own fluid. It runs off the engine fluid, But be careful to mix properly !! If you don't you could burn out a bulb :D

------------------

Adam

1 - 20 of 38 Posts