Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in my moto days our trust in our pipes and tuning giving us that O so sought after power was a reality,now that I have begun my foray into the sportbike way of life it has led me to this question.....is there an exhaust sytem that realy adds power without there being a turbo slaped on the bike??:huh:

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Tunelvision said:
Back in my moto days our trust in our pipes and tuning giving us that O so sought after power was a reality,now that I have begun my foray into the sportbike way of life it has led me to this question.....is there an exhaust sytem that realy adds power without there being a turbo slaped on the bike??:huh:
The gains from a pipe alone are extremely minimal at best. :2cents:

·
Administrator
632 Posts
in the US emmissions and sound is tested around 5,000 RPM, so in order to meets the requirements, you can actually see a dip in bhp around the 5,000 mark.

Now come the claims of after-market exhaust manufacturers... There claims tend to be true, but when they claim to add 6 bhp, they don't state that they new found bhp is measured where the dip was, and usually it is hard to find the note stating the increased bhp is from also remapping/jetting which is reccomended on most full systems.

Simply remapping or re-jetting would gain you a few bhp by eliminating the dip manufacturers give us so they meet testing. The actual exhaust gain is nominal - lose a few pounds by going on a diet and the effects would be better ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol,A loss of poundage for me is near impossible,im actualy going to gain more weight due to my training and more muscle weight,lol.

In other words what can I do to add proficient amounts of power?:huh:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol.I dont want to sacrifice engine reliability for power,there must be other ways.:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Controled insanity,lol.
I plan on racing and was just wondering what i can do to my bike to pick up the pace.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
ive got a 2004 cbr 1000rr wiht some mods. lol

custom mapped and dyno'd at 161.4 whp and 81.7wtq.
mods are:
arata slip-on, bmc race filters, gutted stock air intake, 2006 velocity stacks

·
Super Moderator
704 Posts
Firefox said:
Whats your reason for needing more power? just wondering.
I agree with this question.

Learning more goes with you from machine to machine. The pipes stay with the one machine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
DanQ said:
I agree with this question.

Learning more goes with you from machine to machine. The pipes stay with the one machine.
Exactly.
What we mean is, taking a track school course, or somthing similar will make you quicker out on the track than an exaust.
More power is all fine and dandy for the straightaway, but in the corners is where rider skill makes all the difference. Ever see USGPRU races? those are 125cc!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts