Sportbike World banner

Which location do you prefer for the exhaust?

• Standard on the side

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tucked under the tail

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick poll. It seems alot of upcoming bikes are tucking the pipes under the tail Ducati style. Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I like the look of the undertail exhaust, especially on bikes with single-sided swing arms. IMO it just looks sweet!

:thumb:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I agree, undertails look so sweet, but unless you're only riding at a track you need some storage space. This is one of the primary reason I bought the gixxer over the cbr600rr. You could barely fit the owners manual in the cbr hutch.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
mmmbarley said:
I agree, undertails look so sweet, but unless you're only riding at a track you need some storage space. This is one of the primary reason I bought the gixxer over the cbr600rr. You could barely fit the owners manual in the cbr hutch.
Not to mention the 600RRs seat feels like sitting on a redbrick!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
WORM said:
Highmounts are the way to go best of both worlds IMO:D
I saw a girl get burned badly by a highmount. She was the passenger and put her leg down onto the pipe... It was her fault(for the most part) but it was still ugly!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One of the sweetest bikes I have ever seen has to be that R1 I see at bike nights. I believe it is an '03. It has a painted undertail and Devil High mount with mirror caps on it. It is super sweet and I am not sure whos it is but I love that look. The new R1's are sweet but the '03's are nice with that long light bar on the back. I like the dual tucked exhausts but even better than that is the single sided swing arm like your Daytona Rich. That is a nice ass bike, especially since you have washed it the last few rides. :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
blazeword said:
One of the sweetest bikes I have ever seen has to be that R1 I see at bike nights. I believe it is an '03. It has a painted undertail and Devil High mount with mirror caps on it. It is super sweet and I am not sure whos it is but I love that look. The new R1's are sweet but the '03's are nice with that long light bar on the back. I like the dual tucked exhausts but even better than that is the single sided swing arm like your Daytona Rich. That is a nice ass bike, especially since you have washed it the last few rides. :D

You saying I ride a dirty bike? Hahahahahahaha. I like Sergio's with the black widow but like Pat had mentioned those bends to get the cans under the seat come at a cost. I think what makes a Ducati 916-998r so sweet is the swingarm and exhaust. Still the best looking bike. Oh wait the MV Augusta (same designer) is sweeter.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Now if I could just get a quad pipe Blue Flamne exhaust to fit under the busa's tail life would be grand.

·
Registered
848 Posts
mmmbarley said:
you are making me want to go pull the bike out. Aber Morgens habe ich eine Deutsche Prünfung.
Ach, quatsch!!!! Du sollst dein motorrad gefahren!!!!

I like the viffer's exhaust. ;) mmmmmmm, makes me drool just thinking about it. It's all about the Interceptor, baybee. :twofinger

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
mmmbarley said:
I don't want to lose the low end by putting bends in my pipe
Most of the bikes will already be mapped to handle that, so it should not be a problem. Who stays in the lowend that long anyway?????

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the look of a high-mount. They're great unless you're behind one at a LONG red light with someone who thinks it's cool to rev his engine the whole time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts