Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok starting July 1st, CO will be enforcing a new law on the loudness of the m/c's exhaust. I know this bill is mainly aimed at the HD crowd but it still troubles me seeing as I am looking for a different sounding exhaust at the moment. but now I almost want to keep it stock just to avoid the $500 ticket! The article I read even said that some stock m/c's won't pass the db test (Honda Goldwing) I thought those bikes were fairly quiet so now I'm worried about my stock GSXR 600. What is wrong with these people!?

·
Registered
265 Posts
If that's the case I sure hope they're throwing out $500 fines for people with loud music.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just heard this BS today.... I've got a Micron on my ZX6R and hope i don't get F'ed with. This is the stupidest crap I've ever heard of!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Not even in the USA, but up here in Canada. Actually the most exploding city, in population & homes for the Interior part of the Province of B.C., inf not all of the Province of B.C. bar greater Vancouver, being the city of Kelowna. Where BMW m/c have opened up a shop rather then Vancouver only, also a hang out for gangs of m/c riders of where in some booze joints one is not allowed to show their colours.

So the RCMP are established with sound detectors & they showed mainly HD bikes only as an example of what will be hit for noise violations in exhaust sounds. Though have a noisy Cruiser or sportbike & one will be in trouble.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i know of a guy who runs open headers on his sportbike... he said it has saved him countless times from getting run over by cars that didnt see him

·
Registered
153 Posts
That can't be good for the exhaust valves... You can actually gut a can and it would be loud as hell and still give a little back pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts