Sportbike World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a full exhaust system for my 1998 Kawasaki ZX-9R. I know Muzzy is tradition, but I want good performance and sound. Just wanting to see what other people suggest.

·
Registered
189 Posts
DDDDDD&D!!!!!!!

If you check my post history you'll find that about half of my posts are about how happy I am with mine. It sounds better than any other full system IMO, wasn't too pricey, was easy to install etc. etc. etc... No dyno to prove performance increase but it sure as hell feels faster!!!

Cheers, and good luck with picking an exhaust for the greatest bike ever;):D

My second pick would be a muzzy race system, but they're more money, harder to put on...etc etc etc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kewl, thanks all... what model D&D do you have?

I have been tossing between Muzzy and D&D...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dude you ever heard of HINDLE ?I got one on my 6R it kicks @$$. My friend races Prostar 600, he tried Muzzy, Hindle, Akro, & a couple others. The Hindle had the best times & performance. The Muzzy was really close as well as the Akro. The Akro is just too much $$$. The Hindle is the way to go, good sound, performance, looks, & it easy to put on. Check out www.hindle.com. Also check out www.bikesounds.com i think there is a 9R w/ a hindle on it. The hindle site also has dyno results on it.
Later,
Scott

·
Registered
546 Posts
Muzzy,I tried another brand and the performance of the muzzy killed it.I think Rob Muzzy might know a little more about kawasaki than anyone else :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31 Posts
exhaust

would like to say muzzy
going to say viper or blue flame
[watch those carbs]!!!!!

ralph

ps an easy cure for "tankslappers"
make her ride pillion

·
Registered
546 Posts
I spent a ton of money on exhaust last year because I did'nt want to be like everyone and get the muzzy.The first pipe I bought was a wolf exhaust it dropped my fuel mileage from 180 to 130 before reserve.I then tried d&d and the bike seemed to lug after take off.

I then bought a muzzy system and the power and fuel problems are gone(not tring to sell a muzzy Hell I don't get paid if you buy one) just telling you my story to help you save some cash and get the right one first.

ROB MUZZY+KAWASAKI=AWSOME :D :D

·
Registered
189 Posts
D&D

I'm not going to get into a pissing match, mostly because I wavered between Hindle, Muzzy, and D&D myself. However, I did make an educated decision and decided that the D&D was best for me. I bought the system with chrome header pipes and the aluminum can. It works much better now that I have a stage one jet kit (shimmed needles), and sounds better than any other pipe I've heard. I've heard Hindles and Muzzy's on the 98 ZX-9R all round(in shape) race full systems, and to my ears the D&D sounds best. It is definately the highest dB rating, and in a high pitch scream at high revs while rumbling at idle. The Muzzy is the lightest, and I think the Hindle gives the most power, but I honestly doubt that you could ever tell in the real world. I wanted a good quality, affordable, loud, performance enhancing pipe and that is exactly what I got with the D&D.

They better have put my cheque in the mail for all this promotion!!!!;)

Cheers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kewl thing man... I want to hear it.. do you have a sound clip?? just wondering or know of where i can get one? thanks...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Exhaust

I have a 2000 ZX9R with a full Hindle system on it and The only bike I haven't been able to pull away from on the straights has been a ZX9R with a Muzzy system. I guess the reason for that would be that I haven't come across one yet. All I can say is that my Hindle has been doing the trick for me and I have no reason to change. If you see a green 9R with a Carbon Hindle play with him and then pull over after the results are set out and we'll compare notes. I am really interested to see what comes out of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Other than it being REALLY loud, I like my Yoshi RS3 race system. It really woke the bike up. Well, either it did, or the other mods that were done at the same time...
:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a '99 with a full Hindle high system. I installed a Dyno-jet kit exactly per the instructions and it works excellent. This set-up is loud. At idle you can barely tell the difference from stock, but once you crank it up...look out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm sorry, I have ridden zx9's with both muzzy and hindle pipes, and I like the way they both sound......But. I started reading alot on pipes and came across Micron. Holy Sh*t.....this thing rocks. I bought the full race system (stainless header and carbon can) and it sounds wicked!! Sounds like it's on amphetamines. I too got the matching jet kit and it ran like a beauty, no stumbles and what not. As a matter of fact I have an appointment to have the bike dyno tuned at the end of next week and can let you know how it turns out. Plus, micron is now the ONLY exhaust manufacturer that has the serpent style headers. Claimed 5% hp gains on top of a full micron with the classic style headers. Check out the micron website and read all about it. it might just change your mind! MICRON all the way!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts