Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 96' bl/wht GSXR-750. I bought it with a Yosh. titanium hi-pipe/carbon can included. I need some advice here. I like the pipe now. Great purple color and lightweight of course. I think the D&D pipe and the Erion sound much better. More throaty and nasty. I like this sound. The Hindle sounds good too. Is it possible to just change out the can only? If so which pipe would you guys recommend to me for what I like? My Yosh can does sound good but my friends have GSXR's and they have D&D or Hindle and at 10K revs it sounds just awesome. Can I just buy a sleeve(can) and just bolt it on to my existing titanium hi-pipe and will my existing can bracket work with it?

1. D and D ?
2. Hindle Can?
3. Erion? Or do they even make cans for gixxers?

Thanks!!

------------------

·
Squid
813 Posts
Have you considerd Akrapovic? They make one for your year/model

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John,

I have never seen an Akropovic pipe up close. Only in the magazines. How does the Akro. sound compared to the deep toned D&D or Hindle? Any details are appreciated or might you be a sales rep for Akro? In my above post I specifically inquired about the D&D, Erion or Hindle.

------------------

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with VYPIR, the Yosh full system should sound great unless you have the standard baffle in it. With the competition baffle it sounds as good as any of the others you mentioned. Besides I've heard alot of complaints about the D&D systems. But if you want to, you should be able to just change out the can. First I would check though, maybe a dealership has a slip-on? Ask them if you take off your can if you can check to make sure the pipe is the same size. Some of the full systems use larger diameter header pipes that may not match up to a slip-on.

------------------
Colin
FloridaSportbikers
My Home Page

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Aril, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VYPIR:
Why not look into buying a competition baffle for your Yosh pipe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is definitely the easiest and cheapest way to accomplish what you're trying to do. You can actually send the can to Yoshimura in Cali and they will repack it and install a new baffle for $50 I believe.

To 1-up the Comp baffle, REALLY blow your buddies away with a full race baffle. You want deep and throaty ( :D :Dno connection to Pete and RCJohn there!!! :D :D)"> ? That's it right there. The full race baffle will give you all the noise you and the police can handle!

Let us know what you decide, and for accurate pricing on what you wanna do, visit http://www.yoshimura-rd.com

------------------
~Nick
2000 CBR600F4 -
Lost to the Blacktop God. 4,699 miles in under 3 mos. $8,300 worth of damage to my one and only baby. On the brighter side: Can you say 929rr???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts