Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is everyone?

Go to hear you will be riding along with us. Jeffrey will have our other daughter, Trisha with him.

I guess everyone else is done riding since there are no other posts!

·
Registered
380 Posts
not sure if I'm gonna make it. Trying to keep miles and wear down on the bike to try to sell it. Unemployment and all that.

How's Jeff doing? I guess that means he'll have a new bike?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeffrey is doing well. His new 2002 honda blackbird has 320 miles on it now. He goes to the doctors on tuesday, Oct. 1. He should be released to go back to work.

Unemployment? Not good. Are you advertising the bike?

·
Registered
162 Posts
I might be comming and also bringing a friend or 2.

Justin sorry to hear about that, if I had the money I would buy your bike. I'm kind of sick of messing around with the jetting on my bike. I was in Loch Raven about a month ago and couldn't make it up a hill after a full stop. Bike kept stalling.

Great to hear that Jeff is back on a bike, and a 2002 at that.

·
Registered
380 Posts
320 miles? barely broken in! How will he do the top-speed runs on those empty stretches of country road?:D

well, I can't say unemployed now, I have an offer that I'm gonna take, just not exactly what I want to do, but hey beggars can't be choosers, as my dad says. The mortgage don't pay itself.

Derrick, that sucks about your bike, did the shop that did the work warranty it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
can we join?

I keep reading about the Ephrata meets on here, and I live in Lancaster city...I was wondering if there was room for 1...errr..2 more folks in the group...I don't know anyone else with a sportbike, and I thought this might be a good way to meet some new people...course, it's taken me a long time to come to the realization that an introverted person (myself) is still going to struggle with meeting new 'sportbike enthusiasts' (I'm way shy), so I thought I'd bring my g-friend (on the back) to keep me company...hehe...anyways, I guess what I'm asking is...where do you meet? and it's in the morning, right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Im planning on going...

I have heard so much about Ephrata meets. They sound like a lot of fun. This will be my first time meeting up with people from the forum to ride with. And don't worry drluv318 you wont be the only introvert there cause im the same way around people it don't know.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Justin, this might be a good place to advertise your bike. You could bring a for sale sign along! Lots of people will be there as you already know. Free advertisement, right! Yeah i think you should go.

You may want to bring a hat, sunglasses, and a camera!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think a bunch of us (displaced "Philly Riders" from the SBN) are planning a run to Ephrata. We'll probably meet up around here and head out together.
I'll see if i can find the meeting place and post it....

·
Registered
380 Posts
Kathy said:
Justin, this might be a good place to advertise your bike. You could bring a for sale sign along! Lots of people will be there as you already know. Free advertisement, right! Yeah i think you should go.
true, true. I may be able to get more for it if I wait till next riding "season". On that note, anybody want a black Arai? I have a new member of the family, and he doesn't like black helmets (he was probably hit with one at some time). He's taking up a lot of my free time right now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice addition

Hey there, Justin, cute pup, how old is he/she? So that is what you are doing in your free time!

So does this mean you will be able go to Ephrata on Sunday?

·
Registered
380 Posts
he's a 1.5-2 yr. old American bulldog we rescued through the North American Bulldog Rescue Association. Just went and got him last sunday, he is so cool, very calm, well-mannered, very smart. He follows me around like my shadow. a big 80 lb. happy boy.

Just got my computer up at new job (finally!) so may be able to get on IM again. Sunday may be possible. will let ya know soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Time is near

Okay,

Time to meet is 7:45 to 8:00 am

Where is Riverside Shopping Center in Belcamp, MD In front of Kleins Grocery store.

Rt. 695 to 95 N

95 N to exit 80

Once you pass White Marsh Mall on the left off 95, exit 80 is about 20 - 25 mins. depending how you are riding

Take exit 80. When you come off the ramp, get two lanes over to go straight through the traffic light. You will make a left hand turn into the shopping center. If you get a red light off the ramp, you should see bikes caddy-corner from you.

Should be a great day for a ride, looking forward to meeting everyone again.

IF you will be later than 8:00 call my cell phone 410-937-0573 and let me know why you are not there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Bob,
I don't blame you for staying cooped up in the house after the recent shootings. Hopefully they'll cath him or them and will be able to ride again....:twofinger

1 - 20 of 24 Posts