Sportbike World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ephrata is in 2 two weeks! I hestiate to post a thread about it so soon. I don't want to get anyones hopes up and it be 20 degrees outside when we should be leaving. Cold weather sucks!

Mike - MEXICO! Is this a vacation? We will miss you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey Kathy,

I just bought my bike to the shop today. I'm getting Yoshimura full exhaust installed and having it dynoed. So hopefully they'll be done by then. They seemed very busy and bikes where littered everywhere.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes I'll be on vacation. But I'm going to make it my personal cause to get to Ephrata in June.

I am getting back to MD on a more regular basis so hopefully we can meet up prior to June for a weekend cruise. I really want to get a look at Bob's winter project...:drool:

·
Registered
380 Posts
jeez, I'll be the only stealth exhaust left.

Where did you take it to get the work done? Getting a jet kit too? Let me know how their work is.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah Justin, I'm getting it rejetted, replacing the stock filter with k&n. I took it to Cycle World down in Glen Burnie, $57 an hour for labor and Dyno is $80. Hopefully they're thorough and everything is fine. Looking foward to checking out the Dyno reading.

·
Registered
157 Posts
D,

They did my gsx750 2 years ago (full yosh system, stage 1 jets, K&N filter). They did a great job and solid gains across the entire RPM range. They always run a before and after dyno reading and provide a very nice diagram for you to keep.

Fun, Fun, Fun,

Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
Cool! can't wait to hear it. I had a yoshimura full exhaust on my old Bandit 400, and loved the sound. Never got it dynoed, though, and had to keep taking it back to get it properly jetted.:rolleyes: Live and learn. Hope it's done this week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dyno for 25 or 30 in Gaithersburg

Hello All,
I was just reading over your posts and saw that someone was interested in getting their bike Dyno'ed. I just moved to Gaithersburg and have meet a few of you at Starbucks last summer. Anyways there is a shop in downtown Gaithersburg called CAD Cycle Accessory Discounters. They will jet and dyno or just do a fuel air mixture and dyno or just dyno. I think that it is 30 dollars. They are located off of East Diamond Ave in Gaithersburg. Just wanted to let you guys know.

Later
Mike

·
Registered
255 Posts
Actually, I think it is $20. Least that is what I think I paid last summer. CAD is great. It is the only shop I go to.

Big Tymer, where in Kensington are you? I live in Bethesda near the Grovesnor metro just down the Pike from Starbucks.

Are you planning on going to Ephrata? If so let me know. Would love to have someone to ride with on the way to Balt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
elcidbob,
Hey man I actually just moved from Kensington up to Gaithersburg. I don't know about PA next weekend. This is my last month of school and getting ready to graduate...not much time to do anything. We should meet up sometime and ride though as soon as I get some time. Do you still go to Starbucks on Thursdays?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well congrats on getting done with school!

I do the Starbucks thing and next Thursday should be my first of the season.

A couple of guys from CAD come down as a group to that sometimes and I have ridden with them a few times on the weekends. Pretty fun if you like pretty aggressive riding, wheelies, etc. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hey guys, picked up my bike at noon and rode it back to the shop that evening. I had some problems with the bike and had them look at it again. I should have noticed something just by looking at the dyno chart. There was a major jump at the beginning instead of a steady incline. To get the bike moving, I had to rev up to 4000 rpm and then once it got going I would hit a flat spot, like it's going to cut out, I put more gas, it pauses for a sec, then it kicks. So it wasn't a smooth ride, as if I was squiding from traffic light to traffic light. I also noticed the frame of the bike was hot to the touch, I don't really recall that happening before so not really sure if that is normal also.

All and all it wasn't a total bad exprience. The weather was great and once I got going, it was a good ride. Hopefully they'll have it tuned up and ready to go by this Sunday.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi all,

I am really looking forward to Ephrata this month.

Is everyone ready? Sure hope most can make it.

We know Mike will not be with us this time, lucky him!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Good to hear from you Mark, we will be meeting in Riverside shopping center at 7:45-8:00 a.m.

Directions for those coming from Baltimore and beyond:

as you're going up 95N from the 695 merge, the exits go in this order:

Rt. 40 White Marsh;

Rt. 152 Mountain Rd/Fallston/Jarretsville;

Rt 24 Bel air/ Edgewood;

Rt. 543, I believe this is exit 80. Take this exit and go through the first traffic light, shopping center is on the left side. We will meet in front of Kleins grocery store, McDonalds is there for those who are hungry, Burger King is across the street.

My cell phone number is 410-937-0573 call if you are running late!
If you have questions call, else see you on sunday morning.

·
Registered
380 Posts
rain_maker said:
To get the bike moving, I had to rev up to 4000 rpm and then once it got going I would hit a flat spot, like it's going to cut out, I put more gas, it pauses for a sec, then it kicks. So it wasn't a smooth ride, as if I was squiding from traffic light to traffic light...... Hopefully they'll have it tuned up and ready to go by this Sunday.
That is exactly the same thing tht happened to my Bandit. It would sputter off idle, then pick up and seem to clear out. The shop adjusted the jets(don't know what they did, at the time "jetting" was some secret science I had no idea how it worked), but after that it ran great. sounds like it should be a simple fix. (hopefully)

Whoops, just saw Kathy's post- at Riverside shopping center around 8am

just to elaborate on the directions..at the Rt. 543 exit, there wil be a light at the end, or you can bear right- you want to bear right, then the next light go straight, and you'll see the shopping center on left.
There is a turn-in lane to your left, or turn left at the next light.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah haven't got my bike back yet. I was planning on picking it up today and they told me this morning they haven't gotten to it yet and maybe later today they'll take a look. So maybe I'll get it tomorrow.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ephrata May 5 Report

All in all a great day for riding!

Those who went: Derrick, Justin, Mark, Jeff, and me. Weather was good. The ride up was great. We meet up with another couple in Whiteford and continued on. Ephrata had about 700 bikes. This was a up and back trip this time, hopefully next month, June we will stop off and get some lunch. I was so hungry when I got home.

June's ride, I would like to leave a little earlier. Sorry Justin! It should be worth it.

Check out the pictures of Ephrata in my photo gallery, they are dated with May 6.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Derrick, got your message when I got off the plane Tuesday. I could hear all the bikes in the background. Good luck with the jetting problem on your bike.

Elcid, Got back to NYC last night and had the article waiting in the mail. Thanks.

Can't wait for June everyone.

Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts