Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay guys and gals it is time to think about heading to Ephrata for another fun ride. I am planning to go, of course it depends on the weather! For those who go, if you need directions, I will post them later.

We will meet in Riverside at 7:30 a.m. I would really like to be on the way to Ephrata by 8:00 a.m. Last month we got a late start and delayed when we met up with Rob and Kim.

So who is in this month for a ride with adventures?

·
Registered
426 Posts
wooo... 7:30... count me in. Will need directions and coffee. (good hour and a half ride up there)

I'm hoping for good weather, we've sure had enough rain these last few weeks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
7:30 A.M.? you expect me to get my lazy ass out of a warm cozy bed, put on bug-juiced leather, throw on a stinky helmet, some wax-encrusted earplugs, sweat-stained gloves, and ride 15 minutes over to Riverside?

oh wait, some people are going to be driving an hour and a half even before the trip up......ok, ok, enough complaining from me!:D

I'm in.

...oh and yes, everyone's welcome to come along!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ephrata ride June 2

Good to see the guys chiming in! YEAH!!! Bring cameras.

Justin - NO complaints!

Directions from 95 and beyond:

as you're going up 95N from the 695 merge, the exits go in this order:

Rt. 40 White Marsh;

Rt. 152 Mountain Rd/Fallston/Jarretsville;

Rt 24 Bel air/ Edgewood;

Rt. 543, I believe this is exit 80. Take this exit bearing right past the Cracker Barrell on the right, go through the first traffic light - 7-11 on left and another gas station on right, shopping center is on the left side. We will meet in front of Kleins grocery store, McDonalds is there for those who are hungry, Burger King is across the street. Gas stations are around that same area, so gas up and head over to Kleins.

My cell phone number is 410-937-0573 call if you are running late! If you have questions call, else see you on sunday morning.

All for now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I guess I will make the long trek also.Kkathy, I will have your cell number this time.
I looked at your pics and can't believe I missed you. I spent ten minutes checking out the Ducati monster that was parked right beside you!
Oh well, see you there!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everyone welcomed on this ride!

I will be stopping somewhere for lunch this time. Last month that was too long for not taking a food break. Justin want to pick? LOL

Big Hurt - hope to see you - call me!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Mike, Summit point sounds like a go, unless you have another idea. I wouldn't mind meeting up with Limegreen6r, he's seems like a knowledge bug on motorcycles. Right now the weather for Saturday calls for scattered thundrstorms, but thats not always definite. Maybe also get Bob for the trip.

I really want to check out the price on those miniracers. Get a bunch of guys, a clear parking lot and lots of racing. Good times!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Kathy said:
Everyone welcomed on this ride!

I will be stopping somewhere for lunch this time. Last month that was too long for not taking a food break. Justin want to pick? LOL

Big Hurt - hope to see you - call me!
Hey Kathy, I'm on the Eastern Shore just on the other side of the Bay Bridge. Is there anywhere I might be able to meet up with you guys? I'm interested but don't know where Ephrata is from where I am.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Most definitely, seebeearnesal. did you read the post about meeting in Riverside off of 95N? You are coming from the other side of Baltimore, about the same distance as limegreen and bob. I will be at that location about 7:30 a.m. with oj in hand and we will take off about 8:00 a.m.

·
Registered
426 Posts
rain_maker said:
I wouldn't mind meeting up with Limegreen6r, he's seems like a knowledge bug on motorcycles. Right now the weather for Saturday calls for scattered thundrstorms, but thats not always definite.
:D When you take on rebuilding bikes for pleasure you can't help but learn a thing or twenty ;)

I'm thinking sunday as for the currect forecasts. If on thursday the forcast is diff, I may bump up to saturday. So long as it's warm I'm good. This cool weather is killing me cause I didn't feel like rejetting for what I thought would just be a day or two. :crying:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Derrick,

I'll be in my Baltimore office on Friday so call me and we'll figure out the weather and schedule for the long weekend. 410 736 6080

seebeearnesal, If you decide to go to Ephrata and come through Baltimore on the way to the meet point we can meet up at the Inner Harbor and head north.

Limegreen6r, Re-jetting for slightly colder weather.... Truely a man possessed :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Kneeslider951 said:
Limegreen6r, Re-jetting for slightly colder weather.... Truely a man possessed :D
:D:D:D 60 degreees and 80 degrees is a big diff for my bike. I have it jetted for summer... not whatever this stuff is called. :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay folks, Time is upon us to check in for the Ephrata ride. I will be at the Riverside Kleins by 7:30 a.m. We WILL leave riverside at 8:00 a.m. I would like to get an earlier start this month.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know of another group meeting in Riverside, group of 10 bikes.

I encourage those who are going to get there early. Would be nice to meet up with other Maryland riders who are also going to Ephrata. Could have a BIG group this month!

Again, I will be there in Riverside at 7:30 a.m. and hope to leave about 8:00 a.m. Cell number is 410-937-0573, if you are running late or lost call me.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts