Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure hoping for warm weather, of course!

Okay, I am posting this new thread today to see who may be coming and to set plans as to where to meet and what time.

Who is interested, think positive for warm weather!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Where?

HEY! April 7th ride at Ephrata sounds cool - my only question is:

Where's Ephrata?
(I'm on the Eastern Shore) :confused:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ephrata is east of Lancaster, PA, it would be quite a ride for you!

We live in Harford County and it is about 1 hour 20 minutes from us. You are about 2 hours from Harford County!?

We gather about 8:00 and head up. We hang out till about noon and head back home. We will probably stop somewhere in between for lunch!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Derrick are you going to make it this time?

Justin you need a break, let's ride!

How about it guys!

As it gets closer to the end of the week, I will post meeting location and time.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Kneeslider951 said:
Justin,

Bring her with you. I'm going to have a passenger on Sunday.

Mike
No go. Haven't even gotten her to get on for a ride around the neighborhood, although that may happen this summer. She isn't all that keen on me riding, but when she saw how excited I was at getting new tires, she could relate- 'It's just like shoe shopping!":D I may get her into it yet.

I won't have e-mail access over the weekend- Kathy (or Julie McCoy, activities director) have you thought about meeting time/place to go up?

·
Registered
157 Posts
What kind of tires? And if you don't have access to email over the weekend and need logistics, You can call my cell - 410 215 0076. If I don't answer, leave a message and I'll call back.

Weather is still looking good and I can't wait to see everyone.

·
Registered
380 Posts
sounds good, thanks Mike.
I got another set of Michelin Pilot Sport's; despite hearing about others having them last only 2-3K and suddenly losing grip, mine lasted almost 6000 miles and never slipped. Maybe I don't ride hard enough to use them to their full potential? :) I don't know, I liked 'em, so I'm running them again.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Here is the plan and see next post for option due to fridged temperatures!

Plan is to have everyone meet at the Harford Mall in Bel Air.

Meeting time will be 8:00 sharp, if you are not going to make it by 8:00, call 410-937-0573, kathy's cell phone and let me know!

Gas up before you meet up, if you can! We can stop if we need to.

Directions for those coming from Baltimore and beyond:

as you're going up 95N from the 695 merge, the exits go in this order:

White Marsh/rt 40;

Mountain Rd/Fallston/Jarretsville;

Rt 24/Bel air/ Edgewood, this exit is 77B, take this exit and as you loop off of 95 you will stay straight on Route 24. It's about 10 minutes from the 95/695 split, at 70 mph.

Route 24 will lead you directly to the Harford Mall, STAY STRAIGHT!

What used to be a 10 minute ride from 95 to Bel Air has turned into a 20 minute or so ride since they have put all the lights in and depending on traffic. This is a pretty straight road. This early in the morning it may not be too busy, hopefully!

Justin, add anything you feel I missed!

See you at 8:00, at the Harford Mall. Remember to call if you get lost or will be running late, 410-937-0573, Kathy's cell.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Okay folks here is another option!

After watching the weather forecast for sunday morning, which is to be in the low 20's, a few riders are expressing the thought of going for a group ride later in the afternoon. Yes, that would mean skipping Ephrata this month and opting for a ride in the afternoon when the sun and temperatures will be higher!

So, I need everyone to pipe in here and let me know!

My e-mail address is: [email protected] if you would like to reply through e-mail.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Kathy,

I just came back in and it is pretty cold. I'm up for Ephrata or an afternoon ride. Both would be fine with me. My train back to NY isn't until 8:30PM.

I'll check back tonight and go with the group's decision.

Mike

·
Registered
380 Posts
well,it's Sat., I just drove up here to work from my house, about 20 miles and 30 minutes, and it's pretty chilly. I imagine 8 am tomorrow will be even colder probably. Afternoon may be a bit warmer. too bad, next weekend looks like mid 60's.

I'll try to call somebody tonite to see whats going on, or my cell 443-466-4545 if i don't get someone.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ephrata ride turn into sunday ride

Think about meeting up, riding then food then riding somemore.

Meeting time noon at Loch Raven and then we will go from there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts