Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The endurance race, originally to be held on May 1, has been cancelled due to lack of "sponsorship value". :crying: :crying:

See Endurance cancelled

I really enjoyed last year's endurance and have been looking forward to this one. Well, unless someone can come up with RM70k....

·
Registered
409 Posts
The sponsors must be Malaysian based companies? Can they be Singaporean ones?

If it is possible, I was wondering if we can actually try to ask some of the more prominent bike companies or even oil companies or whoever we can grab in to get the 70K which works out to be S$35k....

Worth a shot maybe?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Leroy,

35k is a lot of dosh.

Like your ideas and yr enthusiasm, but the reality of the situation is that an Oil Major won't throw the corporation behind this, and the shops are living off wafer thin margins in any event.

Course it would be brilliant if you could prove me wrong and we all go racing.

I'd have to be nice to you for a while !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just an idea , did we race for the money or for the sport ? Could we use a track day ,RM90 , but pay RM300 . SIC have the format from last year ..............any other ideas ?

Ian (No. 77)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ibwrunner said:
Just an idea , did we race for the money or for the sport ? Could we use a track day ,RM90 , but pay RM300 . SIC have the format from last year ..............any other ideas ?

Ian (No. 77)
I think most of us raced for the sport and fun of it. Wonder if SIC would support making a track day into an endurance race? Can't see why not, the cost to them would be about the same as a track day, or not?

Anyway, seems like a very good idea. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I've got the answer!!!

Hey Leroy you wanna give Lindsay Fox (trucking magnate) over here in Oz a call.......

In the past two days he has purchased the whole of the Phillip Island complex AND started a budget airline with Qantas (Jetstar or something) he has got to be open to the plight of the asian amature road racer :twofinger

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Before this thread drops out of sight. How about Slasha and Aviva putting up some dosh for this? Or I suppose they want to stick to safe and exciting sports like bowling.?

Do bowlers need insurance anyway? I suppose they insure their balls...

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
70 K

Easy....
30 k to clean up the oil slicks left behind.
10 k to sieve out the gravel and get all BC's and slashers plastic out of it
10k For fags for Jeff ( 12 k if it runs into the evening)
5k sleeping pills for the security
5k for overheads ( lighting, power ...drain smell)
5k donation to the local blind school for supplying marshalls
5k for the "don't talk about's"

It's a steal:twofinger

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Track day V endurance race

You can;t go turning a track day into a race. That defeats the whole object of track days. Let new comers give the track a try and let others enhance their skills at their own pace.
Two completely different things.
Not to mention the marshalls...first aid etc etc.
:crying:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts