Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read in the newspaper that FL gov. Charlie Christ met up with California gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and the FL gov. argreed to get flroida up to par with california in emssion standards

taken from SunSentinel newspaper:

"Florida will adopt California motor vehicle emission standards, which call for a 22% reduction in overall vehicle pollutants by 2012 and 30% by 2016, but approval is still needed from the U.S. Enviromental Protection Agency."

Im just worried they will bring back stupid emission test centers and all aftermarket parts and prolly gonna be illegal unless C.A.R.B approved or something.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Until a few months ago I lived in northeast Ohio where emissions checks were mandatory on all cages. If a car has OBDII a testing center would simply scan the computer for the emissions specs. Mine passed all of its e checks, surprisingly.

Now I live in central Ohio where there aren't any regulations on emissions, and inhaling people's blueish-white exhaust clouds is really starting to suck ass. However, its not as bad as being stuck behind a school bus in traffic with a large exhaust blowing diesel fumes in your face.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Xx954HxCafexX said:
diesel exhaust is actually cleaner than gasonline
??? Are you joking?

Diesel has many, many times more particulates than gas. People have major respiratory problems because of the particulates inhaled that get trapped deep into the lungs. Granted, new diesel fuel and equipment isn't as bad.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Chris is just pissed cause none of hise cars will pass, except the Jetta and Gixxer..:twofinger

but yah, it still sucks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
OSUrid3r said:
??? Are you joking?

Diesel has many, many times more particulates than gas. People have major respiratory problems because of the particulates inhaled that get trapped deep into the lungs. Granted, new diesel fuel and equipment isn't as bad.
It's true that diesel emissions are high in particulates, but it is much lower in unburned hydrocarbons, and nitrous oxides are almost nil. Newer diesel engine and exhaust emission controls do a pretty good job of minimizing, if not eliminating the particulates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts