Sportbike World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only recently started selling stuff on Ebay. Of the five items I've listed, all but one went smoothly.

So I'd love some advice from anyone willing to respond. How long is a reasonable period to wait for payment from a buyer?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Did you add a clause in your auction about what time payment is due by? Like...payment due withing 3 days after auction? ( or something like that?)

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly, no. That is my biggest takeaway. Another was to not indicate Paypal was accepted using the radio button, but rather to specify the types of Paypal you'll take under seller's instructions. Otherwise people don't apparently read the seller's instructions.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
After a week with no responce, I'd drop the buyer. If he continues communication it might be different

·
Strength and Honor
6,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
slaintedan said:
I would say that it depends on communication and what guidelines you put in your auction.

And Vash hit it right on the head. :thumbs2:
Well, I finally got a response that explains why this person was confused. I only put in that NO CREDIT CARDS would be accepted. She was using a debit card. Nevermind that I've sent three messges saying that credit cards weren't accepted. I certainly would've been nicer and explained that debit cards ARE EXACTLY THE SAME THING as credit cards if she'd said that upfront. At least now I can recognize my ownership of fault here and understand why she appeared to be so moronic previously.

I am clearly not cutout for dealing with the public in a business setting as a business owner. Fortunately, I have never had the foolish notion of doing so anyway. Kudos to those who can deal with the average shopper.

Thanks for the advice guys :thumb:

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
kanwisch said:
Kudos to those who can deal with the average shopper.
I think Ferris Bueller said it best:

It's understanding that makes it possible for people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts