Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bike did Honda build in limited production that had eight valves per cylinder? Yes it is a street bike that anyone with enough $$$ may have been able to buy and ride if you were quick to the list...what American mag did a test on one that was borrowed from a private owner?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Correct..

Yep, NR750. I didn't think about the "cylinder" aspect, but still correct. So which mag did the test?

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Tristan said:
...If so, it's a trick question- the NR didn't have "cylinders", it had "oval holes".
Not sure of the definition of oval but the shape was alot like that of a Spam can(not even a traditional oval). Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears. :rolleyes::D:p

I believe the Brit mag SuperBike tested one a few years back and maybe Roadracing World but not sure on either. :confused:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
RCjohn said:
Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears. :rolleyes::D:p
[/B]
I was just about to reply with a witty "spam between the cheeks" comment when I was overcome by the smell of bacon in a nearby cubicle. Mmmmmm...baconnnnn

S

·
0 Posts
Tristan said:
RCjohn said:
Tristan should be able to relate to that... he has six inches of Spam between his ears. :rolleyes::D:p
I was just about to reply with a witty "spam between the cheeks" comment when I was overcome by the smell of bacon in a nearby cubicle. Mmmmmm...baconnnnn [/B]
Go salt your pork! :D

P

·
0 Posts
tech32 said:
what American mag did a test on one that was borrowed from a private owner?
Hustler?

There's a guy here in the office with a picture on his wall of him sitting on a NR750, that he got to take for a little test ride. IMO, that bike is sweet eye candy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it is a beautiful bike. I believe I still have the issue that the bike is featured in. It shows the bike at various angles, as well as the engine disassembled. It was fuel injected, a v4 I think. The magazine was Cycle World. I'll try to find the issue soon and see what all it said.
So, how about another simple question?
What did the NR stand for? Not official by any means, it was just a slur that started somewhere, like calling it Nitrous Ripper...so what do you think it's nickname was for a while? Oh, I don't know about Hustler, and I find it hard to believe that anyone would lend out that bike! Not me, no sir! I think it went for about 60k.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not Riches...

That's a good guess RcJohn, but not what I'm looking for...
anyone else?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts