Sportbike World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
How's it been going? I take it you had an oops. Bike looks good... and fun!:thumb: :)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Dad- the "oops" is described in my Talladega race report from about a month ago. I've always liked the silver, but it seems like 90% of SV race bikes are silver or yellow. I happened to have some silver left over though, and didn't want to spend $40-$50 for another quart of paint. I do have a cool color picked out for next time (hopefully not soon!). I'm off to CMP tomorrow morning, look for the report around tuesday!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Questions

Quikie said:
What tail section and lower fairings are you using?

-quikie
The tail is a knockoff of Sharkskinz from Justin Garvin. I would recommend saving lots of headaches and buy Sharkskinz. The lower is an R6 race lower from Airtech. The quality is surprisingly good, but it took lots of tweaking to make it fit right. I've also filled in the large holes on each side since I needed to do some repairs and I didn't like the big holes. With all the fiberglass, Bondo, wood, and aluminum sheet and mesh the thing weighs about 8-9 lbs.

Maybe you'll be smarter than me and take this advice: get Sharkskinz or Multi-Tech in the first place!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts