Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has any experience working with the powder coating set up that Eastwood tools sells.. i understand it to be a slight variation of a professional set up but does it work for it's cheap price..

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I donot know how the powdercoat tool works, but I know you need to bake powder coat after applying. Fromwhat I am told, it is a foul smeeling process and should only be done outside of the house in a spare oven!!! As far as Eastwood products....most everything is of good quality. I have a link somewhere, for a place that does powdercoating for a cheap price.....I think itis like 20-25 a wheel + shipping, I do not know the price for other things, but that price is cheap. PM me if you want the link and I will send it out later.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I've seen a few people use a home powder coating kit, as well as hiome anodizing kit. It can turn out really good, but you should get some practice on some small pieces of metal before you do your bike because your first works will most likely be botched from some degree to another.

But good luck, I'd love to see some pics posted once you're done. :thumb:

·
Registered
866 Posts
I used it once about 4 years ago at a friends house to do an air cleaner for my car. thing kicks ass, but you need a spare over sized oven in your garage or something, cause the fumes are toxic and once used you can't cook food in it. anyway, you can't mess up, you spray the powder on, any extra falls off then when you bake it it all evens out. to cool;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts