Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was surfing the net this morning at 10:55am,a 6.2-7.0 magnitude `quake hit just west of Tacoma.I felt it at my place 3 hours north in Langley.Initially I thought a strong wind had come up but when the house started moving(actually moving),I knew what it was right away.There was no damage to the house and was prepared to move the bike out from under the deck.However,there was various damage to structures in the Seattle-Tacoma area and some injuries.Just to experience a `quake of that magnitude is very humbling and just reminds you just how small you are in the grand scheme of things.Maybe I`ll put a little more thought into preparing a earthquake supplies kit....

·
Registered
517 Posts
I was at work about 40 miles from the epicenter. It was only my second earthquake and I've already decided I don't like them. It's a lot like being really drunk for just a few seconds and trying to walk. Luckily, the bike stayed up.:D

·
Registered
328 Posts
Anyone else find it odd that Bill Gates just happened to be giving a speech, right when the earthquake started?

Coincidence? Hmmmm????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts