Sportbike World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That second video was nuts. Those 2 guys got washed away. Wonder what happend to the guy holding the camera?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Earthquake in Asia:5 Videos not cut unlike TV

miroslav said:
There is 5 videos + CNN, BBC, NOS(Dutch) briefing + lastest news, Satellite pictures...
It's so terrifying. :( The water run very fast.
I found on the famous website BSTN
http://bstn.free.fr/start_en.htm

I think only IE working good but try it
up updated during the night :(
i am really crying now

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
God that sucks:( .............the ONLY good thing about living in Texas, no damn earthquakes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Re: Earthquake in Asia:5 Videos not cut unlike TV

miroslav said:

It's so terrifying. :( The water run very fast.
I
Wow, that is really sad. I actually thought that tsunami came in as one huge wave and just instant-whopped. Instead the water seems to rise, fast enough that you can't go anywhere, but slow enough that you can watch it. It is terrifying! My heart goes out to all those people.

I'm glad that site had a link to Doctors Without Borders. I've been thinking about donating some money, but didn't know where to start. The Doctors Without Borders is one organization I know I can respect, so I'll be donating to them for sure.

Sisqo, there are no tsunami's in Texas, but you never know when that twister is going to hit. Hey, I'm in Kansas, I've seen what a tornado can do. Oh, and though not as likely as in Asia, I'd imaginge a strong enough earthquake in Central America could send some big waves to the Gulf of Mexico.

What I'm really trying to say is that no place is 100% safe from a natural disaster. Once in a while the nature likes to remind us who's really in charge.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Re: Re: Earthquake in Asia:5 Videos not cut unlike TV

veektor said:
Wow, that is really sad. I actually thought that tsunami came in as one huge wave and just instant-whopped. Instead the water seems to rise, fast enough that you can't go anywhere, but slow enough that you can watch it. It is terrifying! My heart goes out to all those people.

I'm glad that site had a link to Doctors Without Borders. I've been thinking about donating some money, but didn't know where to start. The Doctors Without Borders is one organization I know I can respect, so I'll be donating to them for sure.

Sisqo, there are no tsunami's in Texas, but you never know when that twister is going to hit. Hey, I'm in Kansas, I've seen what a tornado can do. Oh, and though not as likely as in Asia, I'd imaginge a strong enough earthquake in Central America could send some big waves to the Gulf of Mexico.

What I'm really trying to say is that no place is 100% safe from a natural disaster. Once in a while the nature likes to remind us who's really in charge.
You are absolutely right about the tornadoes, we had 3 of them within a 35 mile radius around the town that I live in not long ago. Man, I really dont know which is worse.....tsunami or a twister? Its hard to watch things like that, it really puts alot of things back into perspective for me. As everyone else my heart goes out to the actual victims and families of those disaesters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts