Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I've Googled the everloving shit out of this and have not come up with anything...I want a set of those custom made silicone earplugs that I have seen sold at the bike show at Cobo, and also I saw the same booth set up at vintage days at Mid Ohio last year...for $60, the squirt some liquid silicone in your ear, wait for it to harden, and boom, you have earplugs that fit perfect...well, I don't want to wait till the bike show, and I'm not going to be able to make the AMA race at Mid O, and I'm not sure if they would even have them there anyway...I have found some at local hearing places around here, but they seem to take forever and are more expensive...so, anybody have any idea where to find these guys that do this?

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
I do not have their info but there is a place in Livonia that does them...they are a hearing aid place.....let me think for a bit and I will remember

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Hey Mike.
There were 2 groups at the Motorcycle show at the new Novi ROck convention center last winter. They are:

Ear-iffic Molds
Tim McCarty
2363 Brittany Lane
Marietta, GA 30062
Phone: 770-992-0048
Fax: 770 992 0048

Nationwide Alliance for Hearing Protection
Mark or Glenn Hood
7370 S. US Hwy. 85/87
Fountain, CO 80817
Phone: 719 635 6700
Fax: 719 635 3665
http://www.myearplugz.com/

The Nationwide Alliance for Hearing Protection has a nice site. I am not sure of the turnaround times.

However, you could call either of these groups and see if they have anyone in our area who they can recommend.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Judge, I talked to that place today and they were kinda spendy and took a long time, they sent the molds out to have the plugs made...the guy I am using Monday is one of the guys from the MC show at Novi last year...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
fasterbusa said:
I have tried to wear earplugs while riding and it totally threw my balance off. It was weird! So, I do not ride with them, although that is a dumb thing to do.
Weird, but you're not the only one - when we were talking about riding with mp3 players and such a few other people mentioned they couldn't ride with anything in their ears either :confused:

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
desmo900rider said:
Thanks Judge, I talked to that place today and they were kinda spendy and took a long time, they sent the molds out to have the plugs made...the guy I am using Monday is one of the guys from the MC show at Novi last year...
turnaround was kinda slow but all I paid was 80 for the filtered ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ear plugs

I used the foam type for several yesrs and couldn't wait till I found a place that I could get the Silicone plugs. I got a pair made at the BMWRA Rally in w. virginia and it was not worth it. They are quieter but not flexable. They are fine BUT each time you move your jaw the ear canale opens and closes. Which alters the fix of the plugs. If you chew gum and ride, a few of us can, it is real bad. The foam plugs do not block as much noise but are more comfortable and you'll use them more often which will help your ears in the long run. Save your money on expensive plugs and buy more foam plugs!!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
It will depend on who made them, how deep into the canal they went....alot of things. Mine hardley move...but I have decided I cannot wear them on the R1....it filters above 80db...but the noises I hear below that drive me nuts....man that bike has some weird ticks and clings lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts