Sportbike World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The colder then usual temps so far this year mean the local river has frozen over ealier then normal. That a meant a few buddies were able to get their bikes out on the ice for some early shakedown testing. Unfortunately I was caught off guard. I've been shopping around for a new ice bike unsucessfully so far. So I might be stuck riding a 250 again this year, which happens to be in a 'few' pieces right now. :( I did manage to cop a few rides today though and got some pics:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
THAT IS FOOKING AWESOME!!! My boyfriend wants me to get into motard and flat track... along with ice riding. I'm officially his new lab rat. :D I can't wait to move to Chicago so I can enjoy ALL aspects of off-road. ;) Thanks for the pictures!!! :thumb:

·
Registered
609 Posts
SIGH..... it's too cold out here for the road to warm up enough to dry, but too warm for the lakes to be safe. And not enough snow to go snowmobiling. Perhaps I can live vicariously through you all.:mad:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plasticweld said:
I am stuck waiting for the ice to be safe, bike all set ready to go. maybe I need to take a trip up to see Hysyde
Hah! It's funny you should say that. Yesterday was the "official" start of our ice racing year (we've been practicing since early December) and I'm here in Dallas until the 16th, where the temperature's been hovering in the 70's for the last couple of days.:rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess it's a fair trade off, but I still wish I could be back home to ride.;) :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts