Sportbike World banner

Early motorcycle automobile combonation

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  spicersh 
#1 ·
In the early years this type of motorcycle became popular. The maker who produced it was once the largest in the world.

Name the manufacturer, year, and model. What year did they become the largest manufacturer in the world.

#2 ·
It is a 1910 NSU tri-car . In 1955, NSU became the largest motorcycle manufacturer in the world. They were also the first manufacturer of the Wankel cycle engine.

Brief Specification: 6hp twin cylinder engine, mechanical valves, Bosch magneto, two speed gear, and free engine in rear, hub, engine shifts by pulley, footrest, luggage carrier, large, roomy and comfortable forecar seat etc.

Link Source:http://pages.zoom.co.uk/elvis/ad24.html

I didn't find the same photo you did, Andy, but I found the whole add from which that photo was clipped.

(Okay, time to go to sleep.... Can you tell I'm out of college now? Waaaay too much time on my hands.)

#5 ·
Kevlar7R said:
I just recieved my B.S. Chemical Engineering.

Its funny how trivia has turned from a test of knowledge to a test of researching skills. I don't mind though. Keep em coming.
I'm sorry to hear of your loss....I'm a fellow ChemE. Where did you graduate from? I graduated from Rose-Hulman in 2000. My current job has little to nothing to do with engineering though. Thats ok though, at least they pay me nothing. :twofinger

#6 ·
LOL, well put. I just graduated from ASU. Unfortunately, jobs are not forthcoming, so I've been living with my parents. Well, I've had enough of that, so I'm getting any kind of job. Home Depot is sounding good right now. Anything to get the bills paid and get outta here while I look for a real job. Anyone got a job they need filled?

#7 ·
I started out with Jacobs Engineering as a validation engineer. It was ok, but now I work for a mechanical contractor that does high purity systems for pharmaceutical, bio-tech, and semi-conductor industries. Actually, we have an office right there in Tempe for semi-con mostly. The company I work for is Kinetics, ever seen em? Again, its not engineering, but they seem to be a good company to work for right now. I'm not sure how the semi-con industry is doing, but bio is booming out here in the bay area. If you're interested the website is kineticsgroup.com, or if you want more info e-mail me at spicersh@yahoo.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.