Sportbike World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to be, when you clicked on the mail icon in the option bar above a users post, it would bring up the user's e-mail address, including a hotlink. Now, if you click on that icon, it brings up a forum-type window for you to use to send a message. Kinda nifty, but I couldn't see where you had any option of saving the sent message in a folder, and it doesn't do it automatically as far as I could tell. It seems to be in no way linked to SBW mail. The other issue is not being able to view a user's e-mail address if I want to just use regular SBW mail. I tried right-clicking on the mail icon, and viewing properties, it ain't there. And if I go to the user's profile, there is only a hotlink to send an e-mail, which gets me back to problem #1. Help, please.

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
When you send an email to someone this way it shows your return email address. It also gives you a link to a form to reply if you wish.

I kind of like it better this way as it keeps people from spamming the members. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan F4 said:
Pete,

I sent you a test e-mail, does it show my actual return address when you try to reply?
I haven't gotten it yet, but I am sure that it will have the return address. Thanks for helping Dan!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sportbikeworld said:
When you send an email to someone this way it shows your return email address. It also gives you a link to a form to reply if you wish.

I kind of like it better this way as it keeps people from spamming the members. :)
O.K., but let's say that I want to send one e-mail to several different SBW members whose addresses I did not have saved in my address book (this is what I was intending to do when I found out how the new e-mail works). It would be nice to be able to go to the forums to collect those addresses, and right now, I don't see how I can do that.

For you onesie-twosie e-mail users, the new system works fine, but for those of us who take our SBW jobs seriously, this new-fangled e-mail system lacks horsepower. :D :p :D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Pete said:
O.K., but let's say that I want to send one e-mail to several different SBW members whose addresses I did not have saved in my address book (this is what I was intending to do when I found out how the new e-mail works). It would be nice to be able to go to the forums to collect those addresses, and right now, I don't see how I can do that.

For you onesie-twosie e-mail users, the new system works fine, but for those of us who take our SBW jobs seriously, this new-fangled e-mail system lacks horsepower. :D :p :D

Well after Pete was good enough to show me the light, I have to change my vote. :D:p

[Edited by Dan F4 on 10-26-2000 at 08:10 AM]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pete said:
Sportbikeworld said:

Lacks Horsepower , Kinda like your bike :D Go get the RC , Wussy!! :p

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Boy, you're asking for it

How ironic that you should chime in Adam; one of the recipients to said e-mail was you, asking for a meeting time and place so I could give you the ass whoopin' you are so desperately provoking. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts