Sportbike World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got dyno results for my bike. I am not sure if they are good or not. Bike dyno'd 107RWHP the guy told me that because the Ram Air isn't really getting the quanity of air that is would be getting at actual speed that RWHP should be a little higher on street than at Dyno. IS this true? Thanks

Alain

------------------
96 Ninja ZX7R
98 Mustang GT

·
Squid
812 Posts
Well, they don't call it RAM air for nothing. You might want to try the dyno with a superflo blowdryer on cool temp to simulate air flow :D j/k

------------------
John

Not the brightest crayon in the box now, are we?

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
when you jet it, it should get closer to 114hp or so, that's what a local mechanic's zx7r did with a muzzy and i believe a config. 10.

gonna go to the track now?

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to go to track but in all honesty I am kind of worried about dropping the bike or wrecking it. I only have liability on it cause I couldn't afford full coverage. So if anything happens to it I am screwed.

Alain

------------------
96 Ninja ZX7R
98 Mustang GT

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
i understand where you're coming from. i have a street bike and a track bike.

i don't wanna thrash my gsxr. but my buddy who's been buggin' me to race the gsxr brought up an interesting point. he said you ride hard on the street and because there's no cornerworkers to tell you about gravel and such, you can get over your head pretty easily. at least at the track you don't have to worry about cars and such. but that's a whole other debate.

anyway, you should check w/ state farm, it's likely cheaper with them for full coverage with them than it is for liability elsewhere.

and there's a bit of debate on the tpm board with some members who are claiming that their insurance will cover them crashing during track days because it says "racing" in the policy. my 400 isn't insured, so i never took notice about the gsxr.

anyway, maybe check out the msf experienced rider's course. i hear it's very challenging. i need a tire before i can sign up. :(

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

·
Registered
186 Posts
"No sir, I didn't wreck it racing." Or you could sell the Mustang. What is it with people in 5.0's that try to race bikes? Honestly? I can't tell you how many I've had to dust...on principle. I don't race on or off the street, but I have to toast every 5 liter that comes up to the light...just because.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iowazx6r
As I said before I don't have full coverage insurance on my bike so no matter where I was when it happened it wouldn't get covered by insurance. That is the main reason I won't go to the track with bike. I don't have a 5.0 I have a 4.6L but I will answer anyway. The know most bikes are faster than my car but sometimes choose to race them just to see how I do against one. That would be the same thing as why would you race and R1 even though you know it will walk all over you. It's the point of having fun not winning(at least for me). Hope that explains it.

Alain

------------------
96 Ninja ZX7R
98 Mustang GT

[This message has been edited by 96ZX7R (edited September 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Oh yeah...98 GT. My bad. Well, in that case you're alright in my book. I'm a Ford man. I've got a TBird and a F-150. I just wish Ford could build a car to outrun a bike. :)

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.

·
Registered
873 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iowazx6r:
...I just wish Ford could build a car to outrun a bike...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its called a Lola.

:D

Im a Ford man too.

------------------
Fear Green.

[This message has been edited by GreenNinja (edited September 18, 2000).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
my zx6r dyno results

i recently had my '96 zx6r dynoed, and it was sprayed in 5th gear going about 135mph, the results were unbelieveable, 99.4hp to the rear wheel. the guy was shocked and so was I, so

·
Registered
865 Posts
Re: my zx6r dyno results

emg515 said:
i recently had my '96 zx6r dynoed, and it was sprayed in 5th gear going about 135mph, the results were unbelieveable, 99.4hp to the rear wheel. the guy was shocked and so was I, so

What do you mean by "sprayed"....certainly not NOS with only 99.4hp????

·
Registered
987 Posts
FZR400Tony said:
i understand where you're coming from. i have a street bike and a track bike.

and there's a bit of debate on the tpm board with some members who are claiming that their insurance will cover them crashing during track days because it says "racing" in the policy.

------------------
Tony

An insurance policy that covers racing?? Unlikely. More likely they were looking at what's not covered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
sprayed

with the dyno runs, it is hooked up to a computer, they have a button like that they tap to caluate the hp of the rearwheel, he told me that thats when he tapped out the bike and that is when it was sprayed like... i think......write back if you know, thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts