Sportbike World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with having their bike dyno tested? My local shop is going to install a stage 1 dynojet kit for me. They are going to do a run before the kit and after, I guess my question is are the dyno runs extremely hard on the bike? I know that they run the [email protected] out of the bike for it, but does it harm it?

------------------

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey there. I go to AMI, at the school, we do run the hell out of them, but NEVER get over or really near the red-line. Now if you want to know the most possible horsepower your bike will produce, then run it up to red-line, but for a jet kit, they should just run it enough to check it out. If it is done right, then the dyno run won't bother the bike at all.

------------------
Jacob
"Kornkid"
Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Its no harder on the bike than 99% of the sportbike riders out there are.

They will bring it up to 4th gear and at about 3000 rpm they go wide open all the way up to redline.

It sounds ungodly and very destructive, but then again, you are in a little room and not out on the open highway, so everything is amplified... At least it makes you appreciate the beating we put on our bikes when we "romp" on em hard.

Unless you are doin like 10 dyno runs in a row, i wouldnt be too worried... but then again its a 900rr so maybe....

:D :D :D :D

------------------
Fear Green.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I had my RR dynoed the only place that has one around here is the Harly dealer and my bike is LOUD. They made three runs and it sounded like all hell was comming loose. I loved it. Don't worry your bike will live through it.

Mike

------------------
A man's got to know his limitations

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had a 1998 'blade which I had set up on the dyno. The guy doing the work for me is very much a perfectionist and the bike went through several hard dyno runs with various different jet combinations and set-ups.(He never uses the standard set-up as recommended by dynojet themselves as he feels he can do better, and no two bikes are exactly the same). The bike didn't suffer one bit, although the rear tyre did end up a little squared off as a result. BTW, the difference in mid-range and throttle response was truly amazing. Email me if you'd like pics of the dyno graphs..I gained 15-18 bhp in the midrange as a result of jetting changes, K&N air filter and scorpion race can. The one thing that the dyno operator suggested to me was that I change the oil & filter after the dyno sessions, which I did. The bike never missed a beat afterwards. Then again, it was a Honda. (email : [email protected] or [email protected])

Ferg

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts