Sportbike World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can a 1994 fzr 600 fit in the back of a 1996 ford explorer sport if the seats are put down? or is it too tall?

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
If you have both, just measure it and see for yourself.

That being said, this is not a very good idea IMO.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You could always do what people do with their bicycles and tie them down to the hood of their vehicle. That should work. :D :D :D

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Obviously you chaps did not see the photo of some chap with a Hondar RC-51 on his dinged in old Honda Civic & on a special rack with the cage leaning off to one side due to shot suspension? We could not figure out how he got it on & wondered, IF(?) the vehicle made point of destination, how he would unload it, while others felt at the next tight hwy bend the whole set-up would go over.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
You have to be kidding me! The RC-51 is no lightweight bike either. I have a Honda Civic and I couldn't imagine it supporting a bike! Why do I always have to miss the funny stuff?! The funniest thing I have witnessed is a midget walking on his hands in the mall, but that's about it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Smitty said:
Obviously you chaps did not see the photo of some chap with a Hondar RC-51 on his dinged in old Honda Civic & on a special rack with the cage leaning off to one side due to shot suspension? We could not figure out how he got it on & wondered, IF(?) the vehicle made point of destination, how he would unload it, while others felt at the next tight hwy bend the whole set-up would go over.
Maybe it was a different pic, but I thought it was a 929 on a CRX... either way the guy is a few fries short of a happy meal. There was also a pic of some other Honda guy (coincidence? ;)) loaded in the back seat/trunk lid of his convertable lebaron.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Good memory wantanaprilia for that is the one. So it was actually a 929 which, in dry wt, was even lighter thent he RC-51.

·
S370HSSV 0773H
7,434 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts