Sportbike World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this happens at the start of every season, and it always gets me amazed how stupid and obnoxious people are, so allow me a few moments to rant...

why the hell do people wear shorts when they ride and why do they feel the need to rev their engines as loud as possible while at red lights? it really gives us a bad image. ugh.

ok, i'm done. thanks for your support. :)

-chr|s sedition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Squids

Because it's the squidly thing to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
I don't like the shorts look. I know when i used to skate i'd wreck going 5 mph and rip skin off my legs.

However I do rev at the ladies now and then:squid:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
i'm with ya on the revvin thing... i mean does it magically make your bike faster... or maybe it actually improves your riding skills..

although i can't say i've never revved at a couple ladies.... lol:D

but i wear shorts when i'm just like going to work or something
if i'm out cruisin for the day, i usually have pants on
i've gone done b4 wearing shorts, learned my lesson REAL quick like..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tippmann said:
I don't like the shorts look. I know when i used to skate i'd wreck going 5 mph and rip skin off my legs.

However I do rev at the ladies now and then:squid:

aiiight, i figured there had to be some skaters (or ex skaters) in here. how long did you skate for? I'm still going strong after 14(!) years! as for the 5mph roadrash, i hear ya on that. my friend who was just learning to ride did a lowside at about 10-15 mph a few weeks ago. he was fine, but was amazed to see the scrapes that were on the palms of his gloves. i showed him the scars on my hands at that point from a zillion skate crashes, and explained that i learned to wear gloves all the time even before i had ever set foot on a motorcycle :)

skateboarding hurts,
-chr|s sedition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
Chris Sedition said:
aiiight, i figured there had to be some skaters (or ex skaters) in here. how long did you skate for? I'm still going strong after 14(!) years! as for the 5mph roadrash, i hear ya on that. my friend who was just learning to ride did a lowside at about 10-15 mph a few weeks ago. he was fine, but was amazed to see the scrapes that were on the palms of his gloves. i showed him the scars on my hands at that point from a zillion skate crashes, and explained that i learned to wear gloves all the time even before i had ever set foot on a motorcycle :)

skateboarding hurts,
-chr|s sedition
I skated for about 7 years. I just got tired of it when i kept spraining my wrists. Not to mention the hip contusions. Definately fun though.
 

·
Strength and Honor
Joined
·
6,143 Posts
Around campus here, I'm waiting for some pedestrian collisions since the kids like to rev-and-roll stops and reds, and do double the speed limit through streets where the students jaywalk more than they use the crosswalks.

Just a matter of time, and then the U po-po will be hovering over ALL riders :(
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
It depends on the bike....the Harleys have to rev at lights because if they don't their bikes will die. Squids on sportbikes just picked up this behavior as they aren't smart enough to think for themselves. :D

As far as the shorts, I think a lot of people just don't think about things like that. They don't realize the danger in it so to them it's not ever on their mind. Once common sense hits they realize that it's pretty stupid.

The ones that kill me around here are the ones I see in decent boots, at least jeans, armored jackets, gloves, and no helmet. :laughing: Apparently their arms are more important than their heads..... :rolleyes:

I started riding in Indiana (no helmet law) and only a few times did I not wear a helmet. I rode in California (helmet law) for a year and a half and after that I would never ride again without at least a helmet, gloves, and jacket with sturdy boots and long pants. Now that we are back in Indiana it is really weird to see riders with no helmet or any other protective gear save for a few with safety glasses on. I would guess that 75% or more of the riders here do not wear helmets. What a stupid way to ride.

[/rant]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
shorts are not the recommended riding gear. though one may feel cooler (heat wise), its still smarter to wear pants. same with the helmet. i always wear one.
 

·
S370HSSV 0773H
Joined
·
7,434 Posts
monkey said:
shorts are not the recommended riding gear. though one may feel cooler (heat wise), its still smarter to wear pants. same with the helmet. i always wear one.
They learn....though it's usually after having a bee or something fly up their shorts at 60mph....:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
spicersh said:
They learn....though it's usually after having a bee or something fly up their shorts at 60mph....:eek:
i learned while dirt riding. rocks hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
I hear pavement hurts too! Gotta gear up out there.

Here in PA they just got rid of the mandatory helmet law in September. I am still in awe everytime I see someone ride by without one. That is the new squidly thing to do here!:squid:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
o|||||||o said:
I hear pavement hurts too! Gotta gear up out there.

Here in PA they just got rid of the mandatory helmet law in September. I am still in awe everytime I see someone ride by without one. That is the new squidly thing to do here!:squid:
is carey going to ride in her underwear again?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,373 Posts
o|||||||o said:
I hear pavement hurts too! Gotta gear up out there.

Here in PA they just got rid of the mandatory helmet law in September. I am still in awe everytime I see someone ride by without one. That is the new squidly thing to do here!:squid:
I know. I still :eek: whenever i see a guy in shorts, shoes, and a tanktop with no helmet. But then again, they are hardasses and don't need gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
No helbet law in maine either, so plenty of that going on. I wear my gear, and dont usually rev bike, although im sure ive done it from time to time. I also skated for most of my life. Best trick probably 360 flip over 5 stair. Im alson decent at grinds, suck at pipe though, although I skate less and less and ride my bike more and more as I get older:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
hey jab, are the tourists heading back up there yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
Gear

Colorado is another non-helmet law state. Like spicersh mentioned in his post, it kills me to see sportbikers clad in all the latest Joe Rocket gear, but NO helmet on. WTF?!

I guess they think they look fashionable or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
well it gets over 100 degrees here so occaisionally ill ride with shorts but only a short distance.Heres your chance monkey,LMAO. its just too much to be changin into pants everytime i need to go somewhere for a minute. If im going on a ride forget it. And as far as revvin goes. You know those fools that like to impose thier loud music on ya at the stop light. Well lets just say I dought if they drowned out my two brothers:twofinger
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top